2017 L83 DOD delete

So I'm one of the lucky ones to get to deal with this. I want to do the full delete, but not interested in any upgrades. I think I have settled on the AMS Racing kit that includes the Diablo tuner. AMS Racing DOD delete

Mechanic is suggesting that I also replace the oil pump. Is this just a straight up new replacement that I should be looking for, or need a specific one since I'm deleting DOD?

Anything else that should be dealt with?

How many miles are on it.  Did you have a complete failure??

I guessing he is pulling the motor then?  If he puts a new oil pump on then he doesn't have to worry about the alingment tools.

I didn't replace mine at 125K when I had a failed lifter.  I also didn't pull the motor.

But now at 175K I pulled the motor because of two spun bearings.  So it's getting a new oil pump and forged pistons 👍

26 minutes ago, JONBLARC7 said:

How many miles are on it.  Did you have a complete failure??

I guessing he is pulling the motor then?  If he puts a new oil pump on then he doesn't have to worry about the alingment tools.

I didn't replace mine at 125K when I had a failed lifter.  I also didn't pull the motor.

But now at 175K I pulled the motor because of two spun bearings.  So it's getting a new oil pump and forged pistons 👍

Just rolled over 90k miles.

Most likely will pull the motor. I know it makes the job easier.

I just need to know what oil pump to get.