Remote Start not turning on heated seats

dave landles

Question

So I just found out the other day that on remote start, my heated seats are set to come on. I took the truck to the dealer for my oil change and asked them why are my seats not coming on when I remote start the truck. They come on just fine once I hit the buttons after I start the truck.

And I am not kidding here, the dealer tech told me and put it on the bill, "You have to be sitting in the truck for 5  minutes after you remote start the vehicle for the seats to start heating and he quoted a GM document #4258128 which I have not access to. I asked, if I have to sit in the truck after remote starting it why would I not just press the button? His answer makes not sense to me. And in searching the internet I seen that all you have to do is in the DIC set in Vehicle settings,  remote start heated seat to "ON" and on remote start the seats should heat up in winter and change it to cooling in the summer.

Any help would be great. Yes bot work using the dash buttons so I assume all of the wiring is connected and secure.

2 answers to this question

It will only do it if the ambient temp is below a certain temp. Also, it does not turn them on full bore. It turns them on just barely, so they aren't ice cold when you get in. So it's very possible to not even notice when you get in.

I tested it once when it was really cold (in the 20's) and did a remote start, for a full 10 mins, and used a IR heat sensor on the seat and verified the seats were warmer than adjacent surfaces, albeit, only a few degrees.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, fondupot said:

It will only do it if the ambient temp is below a certain temp. Also, it does not turn them on full bore. It turns them on just barely, so they aren't ice cold when you get in. So it's very possible to not even notice when you get in.

I tested it once when it was really cold (in the 20's) and did a remote start, for a full 10 mins, and used a IR heat sensor on the seat and verified the seats were warmer than adjacent surfaces, albeit, only a few degrees.

Thanks for the reply. I have had the heated sets set to go on since I got the truck. And yes in -30c they never heated up where you could tell. But then I guess this is way after having the truck since 2018 I finally found the setting and it was on.

Thanks again for the reply.