Refresh Dash Cam and USB power

Firstly, wondering when the new Google entertainment suite is going to come out with a camera recording app for the trucks with the HD surround vision. Would be an awesome feature for us to have and I could get rid of the windshield mounted dash cam.

In regards to my current dash cam. Does anyone know if there is a way to convert the dash or center console USB ports to an auxiliary switched power source. Right now these USB ports (connected to the infotainment) run hot for about 20 minutes after I shut the truck up. The USB plug for the rear seat is auxiliary switched but I don't want to run a wire up from the carpet to it. I'm assuming the answer is no but curious if anyone has gotten into the electrical systems of these trucks yet.

Install the upfitter switch package. You can choose if they are auxiliary or on all the time by switching the location of a fuse. It also give you the option to turn off power if you want. They are maintained switches so they stay how you leave them until you push them again.

On 5/20/2022 at 11:50 AM, jaxcam02 said:

Firstly, wondering when the new Google entertainment suite is going to come out with a camera recording app for the trucks with the HD surround vision. Would be an awesome feature for us to have and I could get rid of the windshield mounted dash cam.

In regards to my current dash cam. Does anyone know if there is a way to convert the dash or center console USB ports to an auxiliary switched power source. Right now these USB ports (connected to the infotainment) run hot for about 20 minutes after I shut the truck up. The USB plug for the rear seat is auxiliary switched but I don't want to run a wire up from the carpet to it. I'm assuming the answer is no but curious if anyone has gotten into the electrical systems of these trucks yet.

Get this add-a-circuit from Amazon and then tap into the rear sliding window fuse under the driver side dash.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07ZV4LY54?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

8 hours ago, Dennis Manger said:

Install the upfitter switch package. You can choose if they are auxiliary or on all the time by switching the location of a fuse. It also give you the option to turn off power if you want. They are maintained switches so they stay how you leave them until you push them again.

The refresh 2022 does not have an upfitter switch package. I looked into adding this to my 2022 refresh, however there is no spot behind the dash on the driver side for the switches. The under hood fuse box is the same.