Strange issue that solved itself with Android Auto

Saturday I was installing a dash cam in my truck. I pulled the fuse for the radio as was hoping to use it as I thought it would power on and off the dash cam for me... well I was wrong. But the strange thing is the time and date had to be reset but my radio presets were still there.

Now come the  even stranger part... I went to use Android Auto the very next day as we were invited up to my brother-in-laws cottage and with both my Galaxy S10 and my wife's S10 were got a red page error on the phones with a statement about something needed updated. I ended up listening to my wifes verbal direction as she used Google maps on her phone to get there.

NOW several hours later on our way home, I plugged in my phone for the heck of it and Android Auto started working again and had our home location and some prior address's still available, (I think their are on the phone not in the trucks memory). I do not have the wifi active on the truck and it was parked under a steel carport for most of the day.

I tried it again today and it is still working... Strange things do happen.

I have no idea what happened but I am glad as we have been using this app a lot lately.

I have had the occasional red error pop up on my phone as well. Not sure why it happens. Sometimes I can fix it by unplugging the phone and then turning the truck off and opening the drivers door so the truck fully shuts down. After turning truck back on, Android Auto usually works fine after that. If not, I will do the shutdown again and also restart the phone. Between both of these, Android Auto will be back up and running.

Edited by mikeyk101

1 hour ago, mikeyk101 said:

I have had the occasional red error pop up on my phone as well. Not sure why it happens. Sometimes I can fix it by unplugging the phone and then turning the truck off and opening the drivers door so the truck fully shuts down. After turning truck back on, Android Auto usually works fine after that. If not, I will do the shutdown again and also restart the phone. Between both of these, Android Auto will be back up and running.

Strange, but at best I now know I am not the only one who has had this issue.