2015 2500HD

Hey guys! Used to be on the forums a LONG time ago back when I bought my first 2016 Z71. Went through my young and dumb phase, finally got back into a green 2015 Z71 last year. Long story short didn’t have the most faith in the 6L80 in it, got tired of half tons and grossly overpaid for my current 2015 2500 back in December! 

early build 1 owner 2015 Silverado 2500HD, 6.0 L96, 4.10 gear, crew cab, 8’ bed, z71 110% bone stock! 
kind of a weirdly optioned truck. Has leather and heated seats, Nav, roof lights, etc. being an LT it doesn’t have a full center console though. (Yet!) truck was in immaculate shape so didn’t mind paying a few extra Pennie’s for a clean one. 

so far I’ve deleted a lot of the in-necessary badging the previous owner added, took off the OEM mudflaps and step bars, and ditched the 18’s with highway 265’s for a set of 2020 High Country take-off’s and 34” all terrains (fill the wheel well much better!)

added window shades, chrome handles, B&W hitch, and 5% tint with 50 on the windshield and a 5 brow. 

scored a WC Fab trans cooler cover that was already powder coated white for cheap on marketplace so threw it on too, as well as a black UWS toolbox.

Kind of stalling out with the build for now. I’ll be saving and doing one major project at a time. Here’s a long term plan (1 year plus) for the rig! 
-5” Zone Lift (w/ UCA’s)

-krpytonite front suspension components that will work with Zone kit

-37’s on the 2020 Wheels

-rear wheel spacers to match track widths (front if necessary to clear UCA)

-Ranch Hand front / rear bumpers 

-full LED conversion 

-console swap

-new style towing mirrors

-Thorley headers and full dual exhaust with cats

-Custom Tune 

-4.88 Gears

Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated! 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
16 minutes ago, xranger90 said:

Howdy! How's the mod projects so far?

Plans have changed! Building a bigger house than anticipated so decided to keep the truck level and make it easier to work out of. Scored a ranch hand front and a warn rear bumper cheap on marketplace and sold the stock ones. Will re-do the powdercoat on them eventually. Console and new style mirrors aren’t a huge priority. Will be doing JBA instead of Thorley headers to save a couple hundred bucks. Still working on finding a muffler I like, will probably run a 6” single tip just to try and confuse people into thinking it’s a diesel 😂. Going to run full Kryptonite front end and level with fox shocks. Wheel adapter.com ($$$$) 2” spacers since I do tow a 10k trailer every so often and want peace of mind. Will be running Duratrac’s of some sort since my brother gets a deal on them. Probably 325/60/20. I did color match the bow ties and have just been using the hell out of the truck. Love this thing! 

EB1CC6FD-6D46-4F14-8EE2-E83B671A7806.jpeg