I have a Chevy 3500 wt my service trailer wiring light comes on my dash spelled out with exclamation point, my left blinker and brake light don’t work only left side running lights are brighter on left side also. Tech said he’s getting power on all 7 prongs on my trailer hopkin connecter a snap on code reader saying it’s the brake control module and pressure valve and my code reader says c0800-5A control module not plausible please help 

On 8/15/2022 at 8:09 PM, Jerry Riviello Beast Mowed NEPA Landscaping said:

I have a Chevy 3500 wt my service trailer wiring light comes on my dash spelled out with exclamation point, my left blinker and brake light don’t work only left side running lights are brighter on left side also. Tech said he’s getting power on all 7 prongs on my trailer hopkin connecter a snap on code reader saying it’s the brake control module and pressure valve and my code reader says c0800-5A control module not plausible please help 

This is certainly not what we like to hear, Jerry Riviello Beast Mowed NEPA Landscaping.  Please know, customer satisfaction is extremely important to us. Our team would be more than happy to take a closer look into the concerns with your Chevy 3500 WT. To do so, please send an email to [email protected] with ATTN: Jerry Riviello Beast Mowed NEPA Landscaping/GM Trucks in the subject line.

Please include your contact information, VIN, a brief description of your concern, and the name of your preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM’s privacy policy, please visit https://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html.

Privacy Statement | General Motors
Your privacy is important to General Motors. This Privacy Statement addresses the personal information GM collects and how GM handles that personal information.
www.gm.com

• 4 months later...
On 1/1/2023 at 10:53 PM, Dawn Pereira said:

I have the same code? And my trailer lights don't work... chev 1500 silverado 2018

This is certainly not what we like to hear, Dawn Pereira.  Please know, customer satisfaction is extremely important to us. Our team would be more than happy to take a closer look into the concerns with your 2018 Chevrolet Silverado. To do so, please send an email to [email protected] with ATTN: Dawn Pereira/GM Trucks in the subject line.

Please include your contact information, VIN, a brief description of your concern, and the name of your preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM’s Privacy Policy, please visit https://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html. The information you provide may be monitored and recorded and is subject to the GM Privacy Statement.

Privacy Statement | General Motors
Your privacy is important to General Motors. This Privacy Statement addresses the personal information GM collects and how GM handles that personal information.
www.gm.com

• 3 months later...

It sounds like you may have a few different issues going on with your Chevy 3500. 

It's possible that the issues with your trailer wiring are related to the brake control module problem, but it's also possible that they are separate issues. I would recommend taking your truck to a certified mechanic or dealership for a more thorough diagnosis. They can use diagnostic tools to check for codes and perform a more in-depth diagnosis of the electrical system.

https://dtcvehicles.com/c0800-code-device-power-1-circuit-malfunction/

Edited by Tarek Rahman