GPS signal lost message

Yes, It's happening to me all of the time. At least 3 times per trip. Allso does anybody know how to turn off the onstar message that comes up at every start up? I also want to permanently turn off the engine stop switch.

Dave

I too am getting the same message almost every time I start the engine. This started maybe two weeks or so ago. It may be from a recent update or time or date related. 

For the auto stop/start issue, check out https://www.autostopeliminator.com/products/2019-silverado-sierra-autostop-eliminator

I too have been receiving the "GPS signal lost", error message?  As for disabling the Auto Stop / Start "feature", I installed the Auto Stop Eliminator on my 2021 Silverado a year ago.  It has worked perfectly as advertised.  It was easy to install after I watched the UTube video several times.  You will need to get passed the pucker factor of removing the dash trim and then the remainder of the install is easy.

We apologize for this inconvenience. Depending on where you live or where you travel, coverage can vary. Please see OnStar's coverage map here: https://www.onstar.com/us/en/coverage_map. If you believe there is a connectivity error between OnStar's servers and your vehicle, we highly recommend pushing the blue OnStar button in your vehicle to refresh the signal. A live OnStar Advisor will be able to walk you through any additional troubleshooting to ensure your hardware is working as designed. If you have any further questions please send us email to [email protected] with ATTN: [Forum Username]/GM Trucks in the subject line.

Please include your contact information, VIN, a brief description of your concern, and the name of your preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM’s privacy policy, please visit https://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html.

Privacy Statement | General Motors
Your privacy is important to General Motors. This Privacy Statement addresses the personal information GM collects and how GM handles that personal information.
www.gm.com

Thanks for all the feedback.  Because of that, I was able to return to my dealership and let them know that I wasn't the only one experiencing this issue.  They investigated further and got back to me with the explanation that perhaps water is getting into the cellular antenna that is on the roof of my truck.  I was told to have the service technicians explore this further when I bring the truck in for my next oil change.  It kind of makes sense, if I have correlated the frequency of the message to the proximity of my last car wash correctly.  I hope this helps!

• 1 month later...