Hood open message displays every time I roll the window all the way up or down

5 hours ago, JimCost2014 said:

Sorry, did replace, or attempted to replace?

Have you checked for stored codes? May be one linked to the HLS that needs to be cleared.

I put in a brand new hood latch from Gmpartsdirect and nothing changed and I checked for codes and didn’t find any

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lee3090 said:

I put in a brand new hood latch from Gmpartsdirect and nothing changed and I checked for codes and didn’t find any

Age of battery in truck? When they start to fail, you will get random electrical issues.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, lee3090 said:

The battery is from 2018

I would have it checked out, same age as mine and I am planning on replacing my this fall.

It will probaly come back as good, but the factory ones don't have a very long life.

• 9 months later...

I have a 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 and mine is doing the exact same thing.  I have had my Alternator rebuilt just a month ago as well as earlier I was getting a "LOW Battery" message at every start up.  The battery is new and is an exact replacement as the factory.  It was replaced after starting to get the "Low Battery" message.  Since it did not change anything and was still starting the truck well, it probably did not require changing at the time.  The alternator was rebuilt and was not failing either but I did it to try to get the "Low Battery" light to stay off.
It seems that the "Hood is Open" message has not taken over from the "Low Battery" message.

I have gone through all the grounds and have also replaced the Battery Voltage sensor with a new one from GM.  I have still not found the cause of this issue.  I have gone over every inch of the wiring of the truck from battery to tail lights and there is no evidence of damage from critters or road wear.  I have also taken my truck to a vehicle wiring troubleshooter company with a great reputation who has upgraded all the modules on the truck and has gone over the wiring and connections and has found no issues or cause for this happening.
I am at a total loss as to why this is happening.
ANY PROVEN FIXES FOR THIS WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED.

• 2 months later...