Hood open message displays every time I roll the window all the way up or down

Hood open message displays every time I roll the window all the way up or down. Sometimes it only does it when I take it out of park, and sometimes it doesn’t do it at all. It has been like this ever since I had to take it to the shop and had the afm lifters replaced. It is a 2015 Silverado Liz 5.3 4x4 any help would be appreciated.

Edited by lee3090

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve noticed that it goes off when the door locks or unlocks as well and that’s probably why it goes off when I take it out of park. A few weeks ago I accidentally turned on my steering wheel heater and it was going off constantly until I turned it off Is it possible My BCM is going bad?

16 hours ago, lee3090 said:

I’ve noticed that it goes off when the door locks or unlocks as well and that’s probably why it goes off when I take it out of park. A few weeks ago I accidentally turned on my steering wheel heater and it was going off constantly until I turned it off Is it possible My BCM is going bad?

Before looking at your BCM, make sure to check your battery, negative terminal cable and grounds. If the battery is old and weak, the negative terminal is dirty or the cable is damaged, and if the grounds are dirty or loose, these things can cause multiple electrical issues in our trucks. Make sure the battery is in good shape and the terminals and grounds are clean, tight and not damaged.

• Like 1

On 8/27/2022 at 6:27 PM, lee3090 said:

Hood open message displays every time I roll the window all the way up or down. Sometimes it only does it when I take it out of park, and sometimes it doesn’t do it at all. It has been like this ever since I had to take it to the shop and had the afm lifters replaced. It is a 2015 Silverado Liz 5.3 4x4 any help would be appreciated.

GO back to the shop that replaced your lifters. They must have done something while taking your engine apart.

From the info you shared, I'll make a wild guess that you have a short somewhere in your window cluster switch or what ever signals your door is open. Instant there. Just my opinion.