2020+ Silverado 2500/3500HD Regear

2021 Gas HD.

Not impressed with the drivability with a trailer and service body in the Colorado mountains - looking to regear to 4.56.

Has anyone regeared their 2020+ HD?

They appear to use the same axles as the previous gen, which I have plenty of experience with, but concerned the different gear ratio would throw a DTC.

Please keep discussion about whether or not its been done on a 2020 or newer Silverado HD (NOT 2019 or earlier) instead of optimal tire/gearing combination, best fluid to use, speedo correction, Ford vs GM, Diesel vs Gas, etc.

Edited by LoneDutch

• 2 weeks later...

Might check the part numbers of your same gear against an earlier truck to double check compatibility. I couldn't tell you if any of the control modules would have a hard time with it aside from throwing the speedometer off. I don't know how complicated the ABS is on these. Use to be it just fired when it measured a difference in speed between two different wheels while braking. Even before that is was difference between front and rear axles. They've been around long enough now, maybe find a dealer with a high volume maintenance shop that would've done a few high mileage break jobs or bearing swaps and see what the mechanic has to say?