In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

AMP Research retractable step maker seems to have no product support

I wasn't sure where to post this, but this seems the appropriate forum.  

I bought AMP Research power retractable steps for my 2014 GMC within the first year of ownership. I believe they were in the neighborhood of $1500 installed.   I think they have been pretty good, but have developed intermittent fail to retract and extend issues in the past few years.  I've cleaned and oiled them, etc.  Not really my gripe.  I expect a complicated mechanism to have issues after years of service.  

So, I contacted AMP Research in May of this year (2022) asking if there was any service or overhaul available for these.  I got a response that stated "Your request (964891) has been received and is being reviewed by our support staff."   That was May 13, 2022.    From the way this is going, I'm guessing they don't really have a product support organization or process.  Probably just a part time duty of an employee. 

I really like their products, but I need to know if they make a serviceable product or I should just move on from these fairly expensive steps to something else.  

So, this morning I replied to the email and asked again if they were serviceable or should just be replaced.  Waiting...