2015 Suburban side blind spot not working

Also posted on FB.... no takers yet.

Looking for some details on the side impact / blind spot detection system (2015).
I have a warning that says "service side detection system" and the system does not function. My understanding is the system has only two sensors in the rear corners of the bumper. The parking sensors are a seperate system. Please correct me if I am wrong.
I inspected the sensors and the plastic mounting frame. The frame appears to be well secured to the bumper skin and the plugs are clean and dry - including the large cam lock connector on the passenger side.
Is there any way to diagnose this system ? I have HP tuners but it does not bring up any codes. I assume that one of the sensors has failed. Is there anything else in the system I should be checking?Would be really nice to know which side has failed before I start throwing parts at it.
I can purchase new sensors at RockAuto, I have also seen some better sealed (possibly new version) sensors somewhere, do we know anything about those?
Its unclear if new sensors need to be programmed. I can't see why, one of the service writes up says the vehicle needs to drive and relearn the sensor for a failed mount... to me that would indicate that the system could relearn a new sensor as well.
Thanks for the help.

On 1/9/2023 at 10:44 AM, clinter36 said:

Also posted on FB.... no takers yet.

Looking for some details on the side impact / blind spot detection system (2015).
I have a warning that says "service side detection system" and the system does not function. My understanding is the system has only two sensors in the rear corners of the bumper. The parking sensors are a seperate system. Please correct me if I am wrong.
I inspected the sensors and the plastic mounting frame. The frame appears to be well secured to the bumper skin and the plugs are clean and dry - including the large cam lock connector on the passenger side.
Is there any way to diagnose this system ? I have HP tuners but it does not bring up any codes. I assume that one of the sensors has failed. Is there anything else in the system I should be checking?Would be really nice to know which side has failed before I start throwing parts at it.
I can purchase new sensors at RockAuto, I have also seen some better sealed (possibly new version) sensors somewhere, do we know anything about those?
Its unclear if new sensors need to be programmed. I can't see why, one of the service writes up says the vehicle needs to drive and relearn the sensor for a failed mount... to me that would indicate that the system could relearn a new sensor as well.
Thanks for the help.

It's likely one or both of the blind spot monitor modules has failed.  

The left sensor is the master module, the right sensor is the slave module.  A scan tool can only talk to the left, the left and right talk to each other on their own data line.

You need a scanner that can read all the modules in the vehicle so something like a BlueDriver, OBDLinkMX, Snap On, MAC, a shop or dealer that has access to GM GDS2.

They do require programming.  The left one is the only one that is programmable.  If the right sensor is bad and replaced, there is a procedure in the GM programming done via the left module to get it working.