Reduced lift height 3.0 & 6.2

I've noticed lift kits frequently show up to half an inch lower on advertised lifts for the 3.0 diesel and 6.2. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm pretty sure my stock Z71 3.0 sits about a 1/2" lower than the other engine options. Installing adjustable coilovers (and UCAs) this weekend hopefully.

BDS' states the following for their UCA install instructions on line 15 "Set the ride height from the fender lip to the center of the hub at 24-1/2” (2” Kits), 25-3/4” (3.5” Kits)"

Theoretically I should be able to use these numbers to confirm a true lift 3.5" height, correct? I'm currently sitting at 21.75" after 52k Miles.

9 hours ago, Ioniq MPG said:

Yes. FWIW I bought an extra set of lower C clips to increase the height...one day...because the 3.0 4wd was so much lower after the fact.

https://productdesk.cart.bilsteinus.com//media/products/bilstein/E4-WM5-Y664A00_2.pdf

I'm thinking I'll set my coilovers to a 4" lift prior to install so I still net a true 3.5" then. I feel like this should be talked about more lol.

1 minute ago, homermacleod said:

Just installed bilstein 5100s on the front of my truck.  I only got 1.5" of lift on the #5 setting, which should have been 2".  

I have the 5.3 in my truck.

I wonder if a 1" preload spacer fits the Bilsteins.

Screenshot_20230128_210829.jpg

1 minute ago, Ronjon said:

I wonder if a 1" preload spacer fits the Bilsteins.

Screenshot_20230128_210829.jpg

No idea, I'm just going to leave it as Is for now. I'm happy with the improved ride quality.

Eventually, I'll add a spindle lift and 35s when it's time to replace the tires.

• Like 1