New Refreshed 2022 Silverado 1500 - 13” Screen Rattle/Squeaking

I’m new to the forum, so please bear with me if I’m asking something that’s already been asked.  I recently purchased a 2022 Silverado 1500 with the duramax and z71 package. The new 13” screen is making an awful squeak/ rattle. It seems to only come on once I’ve been driving for a little while. I only have 1500 miles on it! When I apply pressure to the space behind the screen it stops 90% of the rattling. Is this a common problem? Anybody have the same problem and has been able to fix it?

I’ve attached a video I took today. Hopefully viewers are able to see it. 

Edited by robaayyy
Video wasn’t uploaded first time

On 2/13/2023 at 11:16 PM, robaayyy said:

I’m new to the forum, so please bear with me if I’m asking something that’s already been asked.  I recently purchased a 2022 Silverado 1500 with the duramax and z71 package. The new 13” screen is making an awful squeak/ rattle. It seems to only come on once I’ve been driving for a little while. I only have 1500 miles on it! When I apply pressure to the space behind the screen it stops 90% of the rattling. Is this a common problem? Anybody have the same problem and has been able to fix it?

I’ve attached a video I took today. Hopefully viewers are able to see it. 

This is certainly not what we like to hear, robaayyy.  Please know, customer satisfaction is extremely important to us. Our team would be more than happy to take a closer look into the concerns with your 2022 Chevrolet Silverado 1500. To do so, please send an email to [email protected] with ATTN: robaayyy/GM Trucks in the subject line.

Please include your contact information, VIN, a brief description of your concern, and the name of your preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM’s Privacy Policy, please visit https://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html. The information you provide may be monitored and recorded and is subject to the GM Privacy Statement.

Privacy Statement | General Motors
Your privacy is important to General Motors. This Privacy Statement addresses the personal information GM collects and how GM handles that personal information.
www.gm.com

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, 22Elev said:

New to the forum.  I started having this same issue at about 1200 miles.  Anyone have information or fixes?

I was able to fix the problem myself. Remove the rubber covering behind the screen. Loosen and then re- tighten the little bolts holding the screen in place (not too tight, don’t break the plastic). Keep the rubber cover off for a few days as you drive the truck and adjust bolts if needed again. Sometimes it would return and I just needed to tighten ever so slightly again. The bolts are more settled in now is my guess and I hardly ever hear the sound anymore. It’ll still come up occasionally but not often and much less pronounced. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

That trim bezel with the "wood" print on it can squeak and rattle.  I had mine replaced under warranty and it stopped doing it.  If you take it apart, the chrome strip and the wood are placed in there rather...cheaply?  New one hasn't done it yet but my expectations are low that it will stay quiet.