2024 Silverado 3500 Upfitter Switches

11 hours ago, Kerry Pulaski said:

Scott;  Thanks so much for these pix.  Please post a pic of your 9L7 dash switches.  In the center console, under the A/C controls, was my first guess of a good location.

Seeing these part numbers on your harnesses, and the p/n my dealer came up with (85603231 for $96) making more sense. The 85603231 is listed as a new part "not yet available to order" by a dealer.  This must be just the 5 switch dash pod assy.

The #84810191 listed in GMPartsdirect.com is $36.26, as  Battery Cable. Pic showing the Alum. Heat Wrap, that portion is along the eng. bay firewall.

GM's Mr. Casper, who is Authoring the Up-fitter new 9L7  '23+ document #193, said the passenger front wheel well, will need to be removed for the install of this kit.

The #86812139 listed is $102.33 as a F-Harness. Drawing still not available of this part on the site.

The #85603231 I got from my dealer, was not found on the GM-PartsDirect.com site this am.

Ok I have a pic you asked for. Just to make clear I have a 2024 3500hd high country drw w/diesel. I talked to my dealer to day about installing the harness and he told me about $285.00. He told me bulletin #153e is all thay have to go by and it will work for them. I will have them do it next week. They have never done one yet. Time will tell. I don't see why wheel well need to be removed. the harness runs across the top and down by the steering wheel shaft then in side.20230724_143755.thumb.jpg.8695367f642c047fd1ab22027deb6249.jpg 

14 hours ago, Kerry Pulaski said:

Scott;  Thanks so much for these pix.  Please post a pic of your 9L7 dash switches.  In the center console, under the A/C controls, was my first guess of a good location.

Seeing these part numbers on your harnesses, and the p/n my dealer came up with (85603231 for $96) making more sense. The 85603231 is listed as a new part "not yet available to order" by a dealer.  This must be just the 5 switch dash pod assy.

The #84810191 listed in GMPartsdirect.com is $36.26, as  Battery Cable. Pic showing the Alum. Heat Wrap, that portion is along the eng. bay firewall.

GM's Mr. Casper, who is Authoring the Up-fitter new 9L7  '23+ document #193, said the passenger front wheel well, will need to be removed for the install of this kit.

The #86812139 listed is $102.33 as a F-Harness. Drawing still not available of this part on the site.

The #85603231 I got from my dealer, was not found on the GM-PartsDirect.com site this am.

Here is the pic you asked for. Just to be clear I have a 2024 Silverado 3500HD High Country W/Duramax. My dealer told me he would install the harness for $285.00. This is going to happen sometime next week I hope.20230724_143755.thumb.jpg.58dbe43954dbe3bd2b1409f5a2696a23.jpg

Scott;  Thanks !!   Wow , your 3500HD dash is a design mix of several versions. Pic of your switch bank is still very helpful.

Attached pic of my '24 2500HD Denali center dash / console area. Totally different. Trailer Brake controller is still on the center console like on a '23-'24 1500, but shift arm is on my steering column, not on console like 1500's.

Best place for this 9L7  5 switch kit in my style dash, would be to the left of the Ign. Start/Stop push button, in the Knee bolster plastic. Or a "Hang Under Cluster Pod" added under the existing row of switches, at the center console cavity.

Still no UI#193 Upfitter 9L7 document posted on the GM site yet, for '23+ trucks. Major wire harness changes, and several different dashboards, are making this kit complicated for filed installation.

I can appreciate this, as I repair, retrofit, install, and sell industrial metal cutting machinery.

Was hoping to get this kit installed, before the Woolwax Rustproofing is sprayed in. Will be a gooey mess under the wheel-well liners. As I have a Cap installed, and will be on 99% of the time, just installed a 3rd. brake light camera re-location kit, to the 3rd. brake light of the Cap.

This will keep the rear view mirror HD camera view operable.

That wire harness ran from the cab roof liner, back seat floor, to the bed cap , along the frame.

Woolwax being sprayed in today, and hope to have in  my driveway by tomorrow afternoon finally.

'24 GMC-HD  DENALI DASH UP-FITTER SWITCH POSSIBLE LOCATIONS.jpg

5 hours ago, Kerry Pulaski said:

Scott.......wanted to add my 2 pennies worth on the $285 for the dealer to install it, Oh Ya ! For the complexity and liability, I think that's a deal.

I do too. But just payed $100,000.00 for the truck I think they are cutting me a little bit of a deal. I will let everyone know how it went. 

Kerry,

I have a 2024 GMC AT4 3500 Duramax, my dash / console looks like yours.

I had the upfitter switches installed in my 2020.  They worked great but they honestly weren't visible unless I moved around in my seat.

I will follow this thread and see where the switches wind up with our dash...

In the meantime I received an email that the Garmin powerswitch was on sale ($100 off) and it was now available on Apple Carplay / Android auto. 

I ordered one.  It should arrive tomorrow but I will probably wait until it cools down a little before installing it.  If you're adding a beacon it won't be as easy as the upfitter switches but light bars / compressor / etc should be easier with the Garmin Powerswitch.

I can always easily remove the Garmin if the upfitter switches turn out better.

Good Luck!

George;  Just saw your location... Jeeezzzze, watching the weather news, yea, stay in the shade in Phoenix !!!!

4 years ago I walked both the Desert Valley Auto Parts bone yards, with a backpack of water & straw hat & Yellow Paint marker to circle out '61-'71 Dodge Truck Sheetmetal I needed. That was in May, and hot. Not 110 to 115 deg. like you folks have now.

Keep checking the GM Up-Fitter site for the release of UI#193 Bulletin for the 9L7 Kit.

Going to pick my truck up now. Finished the Roadmaster rear anti-sway Bar kit and rear Cap third brake light camera install.

10 hours ago, Kerry Pulaski said:

George;  Just saw your location... Jeeezzzze, watching the weather news, yea, stay in the shade in Phoenix !!!!

4 years ago I walked both the Desert Valley Auto Parts bone yards, with a backpack of water & straw hat & Yellow Paint marker to circle out '61-'71 Dodge Truck Sheetmetal I needed. That was in May, and hot. Not 110 to 115 deg. like you folks have now.

Keep checking the GM Up-Fitter site for the release of UI#193 Bulletin for the 9L7 Kit.

Going to pick my truck up now. Finished the Roadmaster rear anti-sway Bar kit and rear Cap third brake light camera install.

The rear Cap camera looks like a great solution.  I hope it turns out for you.

The weather was great here until early July.  Then it became brutally hot in the afternoons.  I'm still able to take mountain bike rides in the mornings though. A backpack with 3 liters of water is essential for me.

The Desert Valley Auto Parts bone yard is just south of my house.  I pass by every day on my way to work.

I'm going to install the Garmin Power switch for now (well when it's cool enough!) and keep looking at this thread to see if I like the factory solution better.

I “installed” the Garmin Powerswitch today.  

I made a bracket and installed the power unit just above the horn in the engine compartment.  I need to refine the bracket to fit a little better with the horn bracket.

I am going to order the fuse holder part of the upfitter kit and route the power cable out the back of the 2nd battery cover also.

The Powerswitch works fine with Apply Carplay though, here is a picture of the dash display (sorry for the reflection).

Time will tell if I prefer this to the upfitter switch.

790846D1-384C-4BA6-9EC0-FA9E95294B75.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

George;

I'm an industrial machine dealer and tech.  The Garmin I researched you have, has what is called a "Current Limiting" "Solid State Breakers" 30 amp circuit , per each device wired.

That said, these act as " hard wired" fuses from what I can see from the Garmin manual. So I do not see the need to add the additional hard wired  GM fuse panel, to add complexity / redundancy.

The research "Pain" on the '23-'24 GM 9L7 Upfitter kit, brought me to a You Tube video from "Don's Life", who does excellent documentation on his endeavors I see.

His AT4X adding an "Auxbeam" kit like the Garmin, brought out some serious helpful points on the install difficulty of the GM 9L7 Upfitter kit.

ALL added equipment we want, the wiring MUST pass through the Firewall, to the 9L& fuse / relay panel.

I have now spent 3 weeks under the dash and engine bay of my '24HD. 

To keep the additional accessory wiring and relay / fuse panel under the hood , is the least painful solution to me

So xxxx'd off at what GM has done with the wiring accessory limitations for owners, who use these trucks as their mobile  office and shop as I do.

I've added dual cigar lighter / USB constant power  ports inside the front center console, outside lower rear of the center console to the back seat, to charge my devices, laptop, cell charge at high speed (that do not time out like the GM ports do).

Added two mini KC Hi-Lite Cyclone 2.25" LED's under the hood of the engine bay to service check , without to use  a mini flashlight in my mouth. For this $$ truck, or a base truck, no light in the engine bay ????

Interior Cabin lighting ???.........for a Denali or a WT base truck..........George Carlin words are not enough.  XXXXXX.

Going to add the KC Cyclones under the dash and under the rear of the front seats, like Don's Life did with another product.

Be nice to see the floor and top rocker panels at night to enter ????

Love the truck overall , but get the designer's and marketing folks out in a dark parking lot, and compare these to a Caddy SUV or competitive truck, for lighting and safety functionality.

I like the fact the Garmin has all 30 amp channels, and can be doubled up to another Garmin, for 12 add on circuits .

Kerry,

I added the upfitter switches to my 2020 GMC 2500 HD AT4.  

It was fairly painless.  I used a utility knife and cut the hole in the lower dash panel for the switches, added the wiring circuit and the fuse box and pulled the wire across the engine bay and through the firewall.

I didn't like where the buttons were though.  Hard to see when they were on and off and hard to identify which one to push.

With the 2024 AT4 / Denali dash I'm still not clear where the switches will end up.

The Garmin Powerswitch was on sale so I picked one up.  I did use the upfitter / snowplow passenger battery fuse kit to hook the Powerswitch to the battery so there is a fuse in addition to the Garmin solid state ones.

I really like your underhood lights idea also.

I also agree there should be more interior lighting.  Maybe most of the design folks are young and still have great eyesight with low light levels.  I have found I need more light to do most tasks (can't read the menu without my cell phone light at a lot of fancy restaurants any more either)!

Hopefully the weather cools down here and I can start working on my truck soon.

Good luck with whatever route you wind up taking.  Maybe using the Powerswitch for accessories outside the cab and the upfitter switches for interior ones will be a solution that requires less wiring through the firewall.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know how to connect accessories to the up fitter circuit(s)/switch?  This is for a 2024 Chevy 2500.  I cannot find anything under the hood that would allow me to wire in accessories.

The dealer installed the switches and I've gone back 3 times but the tech who did it is always gone and everyone else is befuddled.  I paid over $400 for the install.

Looking through this thread and UI-Bullentin-193-wip-1 it shows a harness with an Upfitter output circuit label in the pic on page 5.  Is this the connection?    If so I can't find it and assume I am missing a part.

Any help is appreciated.