Added Firestone air bags

It's a 22 2500hd, put 3k in the bed, she squatted about 3", im assuming it bottomed out but can't be sure. Cranked 90 psi and gained about half of the ride hight back. It rode much better than the Timberins with 3k. 
I was thinking the bags claimed 5k, but maybe that's how much it assists not actual load capacity.

• 5 months later...

I added the Firestone 5K bags to my '16 2500 HD, liked them a lot. Rode soft.  I put a Shrader valve on each one, not the usual "T" for both, to stop air transfer side to side, for better stability in corners and side wind.

Also added a 1-1/2" dia. Anti-Sway Bar from Roadmaster. That was also an Incredible improvement in drivability and stability.

If you buy  3500 HD Dually Cab & Chassis (No Box), Gm includes one of those Bad Boys  on the rear axle ........

Get a 3500 HD  Dually Pickup.......Nope....Not even an Option.

On 2/2/2024 at 1:53 AM, HighCountry MP said:

i didn't like the ride from timbrens  i am looking into the air bags are you still happy with them.

Me either, they seem like sledgehammers when hitting bumpy roads at highway speeds.  I put bags on my 2500 and loved them.  Sold that truck and bought a 24 3500 HC and bags are going on for the RV.  Every truck I have owned has had bags.  I tried the Timbrens and hated them.   

• Like 1

On 8/29/2023 at 2:35 PM, Hoginedgewood said:

It's a 22 2500hd, put 3k in the bed, she squatted about 3", im assuming it bottomed out but can't be sure. Cranked 90 psi and gained about half of the ride hight back. It rode much better than the Timberins with 3k. 
I was thinking the bags claimed 5k, but maybe that's how much it assists not actual load capacity.

Were did you mount your fill valves?

• 3 weeks later...