Infotainment Touchscreen Unresponsive & Rearview Mirror Non-functional

I just took home a 2018 Silverado High Country with low miles. I noticed that the touch screen is unresponsive and the auto-dimming mirror is not powering on. It also seems like the radio is not recognizing the vehicle state as the "vehicle settings" menu item is greyed out and when I try to select I get an error "Setting Unavailable - Vehicle must be turned on to access this setting". Otherwise the radio functions normally, as far as I can tell. 

I went through some basic troubleshooting based upon searches here, on google, youtube, reddit, etc:

1. Pulled and checked fuses for the radio and rearview mirror and allowed power cycle of the radio - fuses operational

2. Confirmed rearview mirror is getting power on ignition

3. Disconnected batteries and drained residual energy; let sit disconnected for roughly an hour

4. Checked radio connections behind glove box

5. Factory reset radio settings

6. Tried touchscreen calibration but unable to perform

7. Unable to "force reset" radio as it requires the rearview mirror functionality

I am unsure if these are related issues or not. I have some inclination that they are related since the force reset of the radio requires pressing the call button on the mirror.

Any advice on where I should look to next for diag? I was planning to pull the screen this weekend and inspect connections. I also have the mirror disconnected, there's no obvious damage but not sure how to check functionality of the mirror independent of the rest of the system.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/1/2023 at 7:48 PM, engineeerd said:

I just took home a 2018 Silverado High Country with low miles. I noticed that the touch screen is unresponsive and the auto-dimming mirror is not powering on. It also seems like the radio is not recognizing the vehicle state as the "vehicle settings" menu item is greyed out and when I try to select I get an error "Setting Unavailable - Vehicle must be turned on to access this setting". Otherwise the radio functions normally, as far as I can tell. 

I went through some basic troubleshooting based upon searches here, on google, youtube, reddit, etc:

1. Pulled and checked fuses for the radio and rearview mirror and allowed power cycle of the radio - fuses operational

2. Confirmed rearview mirror is getting power on ignition

3. Disconnected batteries and drained residual energy; let sit disconnected for roughly an hour

4. Checked radio connections behind glove box

5. Factory reset radio settings

6. Tried touchscreen calibration but unable to perform

7. Unable to "force reset" radio as it requires the rearview mirror functionality

I am unsure if these are related issues or not. I have some inclination that they are related since the force reset of the radio requires pressing the call button on the mirror.

Any advice on where I should look to next for diag? I was planning to pull the screen this weekend and inspect connections. I also have the mirror disconnected, there's no obvious damage but not sure how to check functionality of the mirror independent of the rest of the system.

Cheers

This is certainly not what we like to hear, engineeerd.  Please know, customer satisfaction is extremely important to us. Our team would be more than happy to take a closer look into the concerns with your 2018 Chevrolet Silverado's infotainment not working properly. To do so, please send an email to [email protected] with ATTN: engineeerd/GM Trucks in the subject line.

Please include your contact information, VIN, a brief description of your concern, and the name of your preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM’s Privacy Policy, please visit https://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html. The information you provide may be monitored and recorded and is subject to the GM Privacy Statement.

Privacy Statement | General Motors
Your privacy is important to General Motors. This Privacy Statement addresses the personal information GM collects and how GM handles that personal information.
www.gm.com