AFM Delete - Which kit is preferred?

My 2014 5.3L Sierra recently started throwing a misfire code on cylinder 4. After changing spark plugs, wires, and coil packs, I've come to the realization that my lifter has more than likely failed. I knew it was burning oil previous to the failed lifter, so shame on me for not putting 2 and 2 together. The truck only has 140k on it, so I'm looking at doing the AFM/DOD delete rather than just fixing the failed lifter. Planning to keep the truck for many more years.

The mechanic sent me a link to the AMS racing kit which includes a Diablosport I3 Handheld; however, browsing this and other forums, there seems to be a number of recommended kits (e.g., Summit,Scoggin-Dickey) with a lot of preference for the one from Texas Speed. Hoping to hear some success stories. Which kit do you prefer OR would you steer away from kits entirely?

• 2 months later...

I finished the DoD Delete this past weekend using  https://sdparts.com/i-24138746-l83-dod-afm-delete-kit-for-2014-2018-gen-v-5-3-engines.html. The kit had everything that you need to delete the AFM system. I used the Diablo i3 to turn off the DoD in the ECM. 

I also replaced: 

- Valve cover gaskets

- VLOM gasket

- Plugs

- Wires

- All Belts 

I hope this helps. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just used a SuperChips tune to disable DoD and my AutoSync device through BT Diesel does the same.
Nice thing about the SuperChips device is I could tune for 91+ octane and setup tire sizes for speedometer correction with larger tires.
The AutoSync does so much more than I could put in a single post for the BCM.
My Autel MaxiSys also does tire size correction but I didn't know that prior to getting the SuperChips device. I got it, the SuperChip device, mainly, for the tune.
Three years on, and DoD (AFM) disabled, no issues whatsoever.

Edited by MikeBMW

I just bought the Hypertech Spectrum. Its a canned tuned, with ability to shut off AFM, adjust speedometer for 22 inch tires, run tune with 91 octane, and adjust TQ management. I have mine on performance mode right now.  Eventually, I think I will get it professionally tuned along with the transmission. 

• Like 1