Catalytic Converter Theft Shield Recommendations?

I cannot give recommendations for a cover BUT, IMO, just adjust your car insurance so this is covered. I changed my $1000 deductible to "Zero deductible" on my comprehensive auto insurance for about $12/year, which will cover theft, vandalized, tire slashing, etc.  Then if someone does steel your "triple" converter Y pipe, you can get a brand new one free. Just a thought.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 9/5/2023 at 3:28 PM, rav3 said:

Then if someone does steel your "triple" converter Y pipe, you can get a brand new one free. Just a thought.

My truck is always garaged at home but I get concerned on road trips when I'm staying in motels, etc.  It'd be a big inconvenience to deal with on the road.

• Like 1

On 10/12/2023 at 3:23 PM, Muley said:

My truck is always garaged at home but I get concerned on road trips when I'm staying in motels, etc.  It'd be a big inconvenience to deal with on the road.

I can certainly understand your concern, as I too have that concern for any vehicle I drive & stay in a hotel. I think thieves target hotels to steal anything. I get more concerned about damage to or thief of the vehicle on these occasions.

I've seen where they can steel a Silverado in less than 2 minutes even with all the antitheft stuff in our trucks.

Sorry I don't have a good answer or suggestion for you.

Edited by rav3
  • Like 1

On 9/5/2023 at 11:28 AM, rav3 said:

I cannot give recommendations for a cover BUT, IMO, just adjust your car insurance so this is covered. I changed my $1000 deductible to "Zero deductible" on my comprehensive auto insurance for about $12/year, which will cover theft, vandalized, tire slashing, etc.  Then if someone does steel your "triple" converter Y pipe, you can get a brand new one free. Just a thought.

Yep, after reading your post, I changed mine.
About 20 bucks a year from 500 to 0 deductible comprehensive insurance.

Edited by MikeBMW
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, MikeBMW said:

Yep, after reading your post, I changed mine.
About 20 bucks a year from 500 to 0 deductible comprehensive insurance.

$20 is cheap insurance, IMO. I see you also have an E34. Me too, mine is a '92 535i 5 speed with 72k on it. Since I claim the truck as my primary driver, I switched to Hagarty Insurance on the BMW(s) & set a value of $10k with $0 deductible & it was cheaper than on my other policy per year, which didn't include collision & comp. You might want to look into that.

• Thanks 1

On 10/15/2023 at 7:54 AM, rav3 said:

$20 is cheap insurance, IMO. I see you also have an E34. Me too, mine is a '92 535i 5 speed with 72k on it. Since I claim the truck as my primary driver, I switched to Hagarty Insurance on the BMW(s) & set a value of $10k with $0 deductible & it was cheaper than on my other policy per year, which didn't include collision & comp. You might want to look into that.

Nice! 5 speed 535i, wish mine was. My '90 525i was a 5 speed and I loved that car! Still, with a TCU chip and ECU chip, even the automatic is quite peppy.
I'll definitely look into that, thanks! :)

Edited by MikeBMW