Hold onto your wallets

Received my monthly Chevy dealer ad/GM Card earnings mailer today, and for the first time in memory, even thru the Covid shortage of new vehicles, there were no incentives listed, none, no $ off on select models or financing offers.  This is indicative to me that because of the UAW walkout GM is preparing for a protracted strike and for a very limited inventory of new vehicles on dealer lots so if you're ordering a US built GM vehicle be prepared for a long wait and if you're buying new off the lot, be prepared for a very limited selection and MSRP+ with sky high finance rates.  Leasing may be more appealing, but since I've never leased before I can't really speak to this.  In August I ordered my wife a 2024 Blazer, all Blazers are built in Mexico, the 3.6 V6 I optioned is US built. Last we heard from the salesman was that her vehicle is built and awaiting shipment. The salesman is supposed to call her tomorrow with an update, we shall see, have to admit I'm a little nervous for her on the delivery aspect. With her trade and a very substantial down payment the interest rate will be mostly inconsequential, but it sure would have been nice to have the previous $1250 GM incentive that apparently has gone up in smoke.  I'm not taking sides in the strike, like all Americans the UAW workers have been hit by the post-inauguration inflation, but some of their demands seem excessive, I mean c'mon, get paid for a 40 hour work week while only working 32?  I'm afraid the aftermath of this strike will be the same as the recent ones, less UAW jobs and fewer US built vehicles.