Rear Defogger Inoperative

I have a 2016 HC with the sliding rear center window.  The rear defogger (wires in the window) appear to be inoperative.  The small light on the switch comes on when I push it and the fuse (#10 in the cluster under the hood) is intact.  Any suggestions on further troubleshooting?  

Thanks,

Thanks for this, I do have that RPO code A48 and have not had this done.  I will look into this.

Bob

On 1/8/2024 at 4:35 PM, AE1M said:

I have a 2016 HC with the sliding rear center window.  The rear defogger (wires in the window) appear to be inoperative.  The small light on the switch comes on when I push it and the fuse (#10 in the cluster under the hood) is intact.  Any suggestions on further troubleshooting?  

Thanks,

Check the wiring loom in the center console for broken or chaffed wires. The lid rides on it while opening and closing, causing  damage after time.

Jim, thanks.  Are you sure this wire runs through center console?  I did have to repair the wire in there once for the wireless charging pad.  Would you happen to know any other info like the color?  I do not have a Service Manual.  

I greatly appreciate the info