Dash Cams

On 3/22/2024 at 2:01 PM, John F. said:

Here is what i got. Same situation. I was actually in a hit and run.  Luckily street cameras helped me out.  If you IG follow this link to my review. it was $89  front and rear.  took me about an hour total to run and hide all the wires.    https://www.instagram.com/p/C0KWxEvOov9/?igsh=MWEwNGRlODZrYXRyZg==

Its been working great.  Also helped in an insurance claim for road debris from a landscaping trailer.  

On amazon

OMBAR Dash Cam Front and Rear 4K/2K/1080P+1080P 5G WiFi

Thank you, I’ll check it out.

On 3/22/2024 at 2:55 PM, kickass audio said:

I feel your pain. I had an accident that was my fault as I turned left out of a parking lot and another driver was turning left into the parking lot. She was moving forward to go in as I was leaving and I bumped the rear corner of her bumper with the drivers bedside. Totally minor damage and just a plastic bumper and wheel liner damage to hers but she went after my insurance and the crook managed to get 125k out of my insurance because of back injuries for what isn't even considered a fender bender. God damn dirty ass people. What kills me is she informed my wife and I at the accident she has had back problems before the accident and the exact spot on her back had surgery over 6 months before the accident occurred but Geico sided with that idiot and gave her a payout without even going to court to defend it.

Either way I am now running a Vava 4k dash cam and have it wired to the USB port on the dashboard and routed the usb cable behind the glovebox, up the passenger A-pillar and through the headliner edge near the windshield. The only problems with my dashcam are that it isn't a 360 degree camera so you can't see behind you, the more angles you can get the better your story will hold up. It also had problems with a memory card where the card was beginning to fail and it would fail to record, then eventually the card died so a new one came and it works great now. Another big problem is the camera architecture is old and the app is rarely updated by the manufacturer to adjust controls on the camera like how strong the shock sensor is set for sensitivity, how long each clip will save, etc. The other problem but it is easily addressable is the USB ports in the truck come from the factory as constant power, just change the locations for the fuse on the accessory outlets from +12v to ACC to fix that and now the ports are only live when the ignition is on.

Overall i'm happy to have the dashcam now and wish I had it before the accident happened. It also has a shock sensor so when it's shut down it can turn the camera on if someone bumps the truck, it has GPS for speed sensing and can show on the watermark of the camera to prove if you were speeding or not.

Ambulance chaser lawyers, and people like that is what makes our insurance rates so damn high. Thanks for the info.

• Like 1