tons of electrical issues on 2017 silverado

I'm struggling with a ton of lost connection codes, and modules that are not reachable. The modules that cannot be accessed (scanner says they don't exist) is the airbag and chassis control module. Some of the codes which show up are:

U1510 - Lost communication with device on LIN bus

U18A2 - Lost communication with fuel pump driver control module

U0422 - Invalid Data Recieved from Body Control Module

U0137 - Lost communication with Chassis Control Module - Auxiliary

U0151 - Lost communication with Inflatable Retraint Sensing and Diagnostic Module

P2537 - Ignition Accesory Switch Circuit Low Voltage

U0415 - Invalid Data Received From Electronic Brake Control Module

U1556 - Lost Communication with Device on LIN Bus

Also many short to battery codes on light circuits on the BCM

Additional symptoms are radio screen off, AC not cold, remote start doesn't work. 

I checked the dash G218 grounds and the battery ground to the frame and all seemed good. Battery voltage is over 14V. I'm thinking potentially a bad BCM, or a bad battery ground strap. Those are the last 2 things that I can think to check before taking it to the stealership

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Check out the South Main auto Youtube page. He tackles a lot of these types of electrical issues. Theres a 2019 Silverado video that has similar symptoms to yours and it was the chassis ground on the right side frame/firewall area. 

If would try to find an independent shop if you still need to take it in. The dealer can sometimes be a moneypit and they dont always have techs with good diagnostic skills. 

7 hours ago, 64BAwagon said:

Check out the South Main auto Youtube page. He tackles a lot of these types of electrical issues. Theres a 2019 Silverado video that has similar symptoms to yours and it was the chassis ground on the right side frame/firewall area. 

If would try to find an independent shop if you still need to take it in. The dealer can sometimes be a moneypit and they dont always have techs with good diagnostic skills. 

Thanks! I checked that ground and no luck, but I'll go ahead and check the remainder of the grounds on the truck

• Like 1

5 hours ago, newdude said:

Battery positive and negative cables are notorious on this gen truck, especially the short positive off the battery.  

I'm leaning towards one of these being the issue as well, as well as the battery potentially. Previous owner said the battery was changed last october but you never know...

For that short positive off the battery would it be worthwhile to change the whole fuse block along with that short cable?

• Like 1

My new truck was only a few weeks old when one of the batteries went bad. The quality isnt great on the new ones. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DDub248 said:

I'm leaning towards one of these being the issue as well, as well as the battery potentially. Previous owner said the battery was changed last october but you never know...

For that short positive off the battery would it be worthwhile to change the whole fuse block along with that short cable?

Up to you.  GM used to only sell the cable as part of that block but they now sell it both ways, the block w/cable or just the cable.  

• Like 1