I GOT KEYED!!!

well couple weeks ago some stupid bi tch keyed my truck. right on the door and is about 24 in long and 12 high and read F A G.. WTF.. and its badd to it down into the metal. well we need to fix it. i have a real hard color tho.. metalic hunters green. i would like some opions about painting it or just buffing out the letters. i heard of wet sanding but will this be hard to do and look bad?? OR should i just be a man about it spend the money and get it all done nice.. you check it out..

F A G

also included in the webpage post is a fender bend that you all can look at.. .let me know.

i also put tape on it and in the pictures you can see the glue left..

Wow, that totally sucks. :banghead: Dark colors are tough when it comes to scratches. Wet sanding might help a little, but you would be compromising the existing clearcoat and paint.

I'd suggest shooting new paint on the door especially if the scratches go down to the primer/metal. I know it is a drag for cost, but hey....

I had the same thing happen round x-mas time. By some little biatch that thought I took her parking spot. Mine Polo green. Haven't had it fixed yet. Got hit last month by on the passengers door will problably have the both fixed at the same time. BTW the key scratch on mine went thru the clear coat and the paint so I got a touch up kit from the parts store so it wouldn't rust up. They should have your color too. You could touch it up andf buff the he11 out of it to blend it in.

My Polo Green Bravada got keyed the first week we had it. The SOB keyed the hood between the headlights. It was down to the metal and we ended up having it redone at a body shop. The took the hood off and sanded it down, filled the scratch, repainted it and recleared it. This was the only way to fix it right, touch up paint would have never fixed it. It was like $400 for the repair, but I was able to get my company to cover it since it happened while I was at work. Getting something you own keyed sucks, but it really sucks when its only a week old.

Sure it does. $250 deductable and total cost to repair door scratch $350-400. Than your auto insurance goes up for submitting a claim. ARGHHHHHH

This type of damage would be covered under your comprehensive coverage on your auto policy if you have it (typically shown as coverage D or D1, depending on your state). Your renewal bill or I.D. card will show what your deductible is (anywhere from no deductible up to $1000). Contact your agent or broker and find out what the company policy is for vandalism claims. Typically, you are allowed a couple comprehensive claims within a certain period of time before your premium is increased. Good luck!

• 1 month later...

I think I would be in jail for murdering anyone who damaged my truck like that :rolleyes: . I used to park my 99 Silverado at my gf's apartment and no one seems to give a shi* about anyone elses things but their own. Really sad when someone is so jealous of a nice vehicle and have to go out of their way to ruin it. I wonder if they make electric fences like on the farm, only energizing our trucks instead....hmmm.....ZAP! hehe wishful thinking anyway, sorry to hear ya had to go through that though. Good luck with it.

Sure it does. $250 deductable and total cost to repair door scratch $350-400. Than your auto insurance goes up for submitting a claim. ARGHHHHHH

This type of damage would be covered under your comprehensive coverage on your auto policy if you have it (typically shown as coverage D or D1, depending on your state). Your renewal bill or I.D. card will show what your deductible is (anywhere from no deductible up to $1000). Contact your agent or broker and find out what the company policy is for vandalism claims. Typically, you are allowed a couple comprehensive claims within a certain period of time before your premium is increased. Good luck!

Be careful about contacting the agent.....read through your policy first to see if you can get your question answered there. Some insurance companies (Prudential, for example) will count this (merely calling the agent about a potential claim) against you, not as a claim, but as a damage inquiry. Doesn't sound legal....and maybe it isn't, but I have seen it done firsthand. A friend from college worked for them.

Good luck...sorry to hear about the damage.

I can completely relate to you guys/gals.

I have had my Tahoe for almost 2 years now. This happened in the first 3 weeks of ownership. I had 4 miles on the odometer when I drove it off the lot.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

01. Day 3 of owning Tahoe: Someone took a ball-peen hammer and put a nice quarter sized dent in the drives side door. It was deliberate, no way around it. *Parked at back of Katy Mills Mall. Only vehicle at the back of parking lot from what I could tell. No security camera caught anything. They arrested two teenagers with hammers about a few weeks later going through the parking lot banging on doors for the fun of it. I had no proof it was them who did my Tahoe, so I was a bit screwed.

02. Day 14 of owning Tahoe: Someone banging two brand new dents in passenger door and wasn't polite enough to leave a note saying why. *Parked in building garage here at work.

03. Day 21 of owning Tahoe: Someone thought i had a laptop in the back seat of Tahoe. Smashed out rear window to get an EMPTY BAG! No camera seem to pick up the theft and vandalizm.

This was the first new vehicle of any kind I have owned. Needless to say, the NEW feel wore off in the first 3 weeks...

cheers all...

:withstupid:

ps: I have learned in the last few years to park next to the most expensive vehicles I can find in the parking lot, even if they are parked at the rear of the lot. The owners of the expensive vehicles tend to not want to not bang their doors into others.

• 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...

WTF, I can't believe people are out there that would do such a thing. I work in a warehouse with about 40 other people and since I've gotten my truck I think a different person has commented on how nice it is each day I've come to work. I'm just lucky that a lot of other people that work there take pride in their vehicles also and respect that sort of thing. I think that keying a truck should be a class 1 felony. No trial.

From reading your posts, it seems like the people that must be doing this all work for insurance companies. That's the only explanation.

Archived