BF Goodrich All Terians....NEED INFO

I purchased some BF goodrich all-terians KO's for my truck about 3 months ago and ive had them balance and front end aligned 2 times, when i hit around 55 mph it starts to shake very bad, around 60 its not as bad and tolurable, some one help me. Bought the tires brand new for a very well know tire shop.....

Only 21k miles? that really blows. I have had 2 sets of BFG ATs on 2 different vehicles and have never had a single issue with them. The first set I logged over 50k miles on before I traded it in. The second set I sold, after running them for two years often in some very severe conditions, because I wanted to switch to a mud terrain. They still had more than 50% of the tread left. I'm a firm believer that regular rotation and proper air pressure help extend a tire's life.

I really don't think the tires are the cause of the problems, it might just be a coincidence, maybe take it to another shop and have em check the alignment & re-balance the tires.

OK, just going to put it out there, but I just put on a set of REVO's (see sig) and they are amazing. :D They make them in your size (285/70/16 LT) for the HD trucks...read my initial review in the LD section if you wish. These are one of the ,if not the, highest rated tire on tirerack.com... and for a reason. They are GREAT, aggressive and quiet! :mad: They are rated higher than BFG AT/KO's incedentally, but of course the BFG's are rated very high also...both tires are extremely popular. I just thought I would share my opinion and inital observations with you guys over in the HD section. Later, :P:flag::devil:

Only 21k miles? that really blows.  I have had 2 sets of BFG ATs on 2 different vehicles and have never had a single issue with them.  The first  set I logged over 50k  miles on before I traded it in. The second set I sold, after running them for two years often in some very severe conditions, because I wanted to switch to a mud terrain. They still had more than 50% of the tread left. I'm a firm believer that regular rotation and proper air pressure help extend a tire's life.

I really don't think the tires are the cause of the problems, it might just be a coincidence, maybe take it to another shop and have em check the alignment & re-balance the tires.

On my 86 K-5 Blazer I routinely got 50K + out of the BFGs. I was very surprised when they crapped out so soon on my HD.

OK, just going to put it out there, but I just put on a set of REVO's (see sig) and they are amazing.  :D They make them in your size (285/70/16 LT) for the HD trucks...read my initial review in the LD section if you wish.  These are one of the ,if not the, highest rated tire on tirerack.com... and for a reason.  They are GREAT, aggressive and quiet!  :mad:  They are rated higher than BFG AT/KO's incedentally, but of course the BFG's are rated very high also...both tires are extremely popular. I just thought I would share my opinion and inital observations with you guys over in the HD section.  Later,  :P  :flag:  :devil:

The Revos are on my short list of tire choices when I replace my current tires next fall. I'm also considering a set of Toyo Open Country A/Ts.

My wife has the Toyos on her rig. She has 34K on them so far,and they'll EASILY pass the 50K mile warranty. If they don't go 75K I'll be shocked.

Check for cupping. I have about 25,000 and notice the fronts going bad (same as your scenario), balanced them twice and ended up rotating them to the back. Problem solved temporarily until they get replaced with Revo's in spring. I rotated them every 5000 but they are only load range D so that may be the problem.

you may very well have a tire that is out of round.    I'd get them to warranty you new ones.  I had tihs happen on my ZR2 with BFG A/T

I can say I never had a problem with the BFG's on any other of my past vehicles.

The Jeeps usually got 45 -50k on them, but when I bought this new HD in 2004 I put BFG AT's on it the first week I had it and they only lasted 18K and I didn't burn them off and always rotated them and checked the pressure. I replace them with Firestone Destination M/T's (my first set of Firestones) and they now have 4,000 miles on them and I can still see the little titty marks on the tread. I really like the BFG's but they didn't last on the HD.

I wonder why the BFGs are wearing out so quickly on some of your HDs? I haven't put a set on mine yet(still have those "massive" stock Bridgestones) and now you guys have me worried about it. I wonder if it have anything to do with the increased weight of the truck?

Alot has to do with how you drive your truck, highway miles versis around town miles, alot of turning, stoping, taking off, load hualing etc. If you do alotta highway miles then your gonna get alot of miles out of you tires and of course rotating the tires which iam very bad at, iam very hard on my tires and lucky to get 20,000 miles out of any tire I get.

Archived