Banks Six Gun Bundle

Has anyone had the Banks Six Gun Bundle installed? It includes the six gun tuner with the speed loader.

Here is a description from their website:

Now owners of ’01-05 6.6L Duramax pickups can bolt-on enormous power gains with Banks Six-Gun Diesel Tuner and Speed-Loader™ upgrade…or go for the whole airflow/fuel delivery package with a Six-Gun Bundle.

The Six-Gun Tuner offers the highest proven horsepower and torque—up to +128 hp and +345 lb-ft of ground-chewing power, and with Speed-Loader, up to +155 hp and +385 lb-ft (with recommended Six-Gun Bundle airflow improvements). Only Six-Gun is Stacked for Power™ to tune pulse width, timing and fuel pressure, all in one device. No need to buy two competitive products to do what Banks Six-Gun Tuner does on its own! Six-Gun provides six levels of power the user can change on-the-fly by simply turning a dash-mounted knob; and contains a suite of electronic AutoRate™ and ActiveSafety™ features to safeguard the powertrain. Six-Gun is introductory priced at $625, and the Speed-Loader option is $99.

Banks Six-Gun Bundle starts with the Six-Gun Tuner and Speed-Loader, and adds an army of intake, turbo and exhaust upgrades, including a 100% stainless 4" constant-diameter Monster exhaust … a free-flowing, polished stainless 4" straight-through Monster® muffler for a rich, throaty “Don’t mess with me!” sound … 5" polished stainless double-wall tailpipe tip with rolled edge … BigHead® wastegate actuator … lifetime Banks Ram-Air® filter assembly … exclusive DynaFact® boost gauge & pyrometer assembly … and a lifetime limited warranty.

I can get it installed at the Gale Banks shop for $1850. I'm really on the fence about this one, but it looks pretty good to me.

Any thoughts?

Has anyone had the Banks Six Gun Bundle installed? It includes the six gun tuner with the speed loader.

Here is a description from their website:

Now owners of ’01-05 6.6L Duramax pickups can bolt-on enormous power gains with Banks Six-Gun Diesel Tuner and Speed-Loader™ upgrade…or go for the whole airflow/fuel delivery package with a Six-Gun Bundle.

The Six-Gun Tuner offers the highest proven horsepower and torque—up to +128 hp and +345 lb-ft of ground-chewing power, and with Speed-Loader, up to +155 hp and +385 lb-ft (with recommended Six-Gun Bundle airflow improvements). Only Six-Gun is Stacked for Power™ to tune pulse width, timing and fuel pressure, all in one device. No need to buy two competitive products to do what Banks Six-Gun Tuner does on its own! Six-Gun provides six levels of power the user can change on-the-fly by simply turning a dash-mounted knob; and contains a suite of electronic AutoRate™ and ActiveSafety™ features to safeguard the powertrain. Six-Gun is introductory priced at $625, and the Speed-Loader option is $99.

Banks Six-Gun Bundle starts with the Six-Gun Tuner and Speed-Loader, and adds an army of intake, turbo and exhaust upgrades, including a 100% stainless 4" constant-diameter Monster exhaust … a free-flowing, polished stainless 4" straight-through Monster® muffler for a rich, throaty “Don’t mess with me!” sound … 5" polished stainless double-wall tailpipe tip with rolled edge … BigHead® wastegate actuator … lifetime Banks Ram-Air® filter assembly … exclusive DynaFact® boost gauge & pyrometer assembly … and a lifetime limited warranty.

I can get it installed at the Gale Banks shop for $1850. I'm really on the fence about this one, but it looks pretty good to me.

Any thoughts?

They installed/tested it on a DMax on a Trucks! epsiode.  That thing will throw the truck sideways from a standstill with ease.  If I had a DMax, that would be the first thing I'd buy.

Well I put down my deposit and will have it installed on April 5th......... :flag:

Is it April 5th yet?........... :fume:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

For the short period that I had my '04 GMC duramax, I read s**tty things about Banks. I installed the Edge, MBRP 4" dual exhaust, and a AFE intake. The only thing I had was a Banks big head wastegate which was a good investement. But thats all would buy from Banks. I would go Edge or TTS.

Archived