Fitment of 6 disc CD changer

Newbie question here. I am still awaiting my helm manual, so I have to ask: I came across the cd changer on ebay (see link below). I am wondering if this unit will fit my truck without big modifications (i.e. is it plug and play?). I have the in-dash CD/tape player with Bose System.

Is this worth it or is an aftermarket remote changer a better choice? I'd like to keep the factory look. Thanks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...TRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

Newbie question here. I am still awaiting my helm manual, so I have to ask: I came across the cd changer on ebay (see link below). I am wondering if this unit will fit my truck without big modifications (i.e. is it plug and play?). I have the in-dash CD/tape player with Bose System.

Is this worth it or is an aftermarket remote changer a better choice? I'd like to keep the factory look. Thanks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...TRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

That particular one will NOT. But you can get opnes that will work fine with a few very minor wiring modifications. That one has plastic clips on the side, you want the one with metal tabs (like ears) on the sides.

• 4 weeks later...

Where is that 6 disc unit made to fit? I have an 01 with a single CD head unit. Id like to add this 6 disc. I saw one of these on Ebay listed from a Denali. Where would this mount in my truck? Would my AUX controls on my head unit run it? TIA

These CD Players typically go in the center floor console of the truck.  Look at the thread "Found Center Console" There is a photo showing one mounted up.

Thanks for the reply. Can I run that center piece thats right under the dash with my 40.20.40 seat? Id rather not run the piece between the seat and lose my 20 seat.

Anyone come up with any other creative ways to run this 6 disc with a 40.20.40?????

Archived