wierd electrical occurances

Last night I picked up my buddy to go unload some tools. We were talking and he was complimenting my Dmax, saying how quiet it was. So, I turned the radio down all of the way and we just listened to it pur. After I dropped him off, I turned the radio volume back up and went home. When I got out I hit the power lock button. If the door is open the chime sounds three times and it locks 5 seconds after you close the last door. Well, the chime did not sound. I know it is tied into the radio, so I figured turning the volume down before messed something up. I turned the radio off and on, up and down, nothing. Started the truck twice and bingo chimes worked again. Just like the seat memories. Just stopped and started out of nowhere. When I owned my 99 nothing like this ever happened. I have heard alot of stories about the DIC, memories, mirrors, seats, radios, etc. on the 03 and up models doing out-of-sort things. What the hell, too many bells and whistles and not enough memory? That is probably my biggest disatisfaction with this truck. Anybody know what is going on with these trucks?

Archived