DOES ANYBODY KNOW HOW TO DIASABLE THE REAR SPEAKERS FROM SHUTTING OFF WHEN THE REAR ENTERTAIMENT CENTER IS ACTIVATED.

It's the rear channel logic embedded in the bose system/RSA. You can use a seperate amp, using the signal from the HU front leads. No simple answer I am aware of.

Guest 007FL

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding your question but,,, I believe

The rear speakers only shut off when you plug in headphones in the rear. I used to have "friends" screwing with the rear controls all the time. (not an issue now that I have an aftermarket system)

My rear speakers shut off whenever the rear seat control is turned on. I know this because I didn't even have headphones available when I was playing around with it.

I don't quite understand Heath's question though. Do you want the sound to come over the speakers, only different than from the front speakers, depending on what is selected (CD, Tape, AM, FM) in the rear control panel? Two different audio sources would make for a rather noisy environment, I'd think.

My rear speakers shut off whenever the rear seat control is turned on.  I know this because I didn't even have headphones available when I was playing around with it.

I don't quite understand Heath's question though.  Do you want the sound to come over the speakers, only different than from the front speakers, depending on what is selected (CD, Tape, AM, FM) in the rear control panel?  Two different audio sources would make for a rather noisy environment, I'd think.

let me try to be alittle more clear. my kids in the back seat want to listen to the dvd player while traveling and i want to plug headphones into the rear ent. device so i can listen to the radio. but when you do this the rear speakers shut off.

Ahhh, I see!

Maybe you'll have to drive from the back seat and the kids can sit up front and watch the DVDs.

You would have to do some hacking to the hardware to get the speakers to stay on with the headphones plugged in, but it can probably be done. However, I imagine the switching is done clear up in the head unit, so it might be more trouble than it's worth.

It might be simpler to get a portable radio for the driver...

Archived