Here's a doozy for ya

davidlandon

Question

My truck is a 2003 Silverado extended cab. it has the steering wheel controls and the factroy cd/tape deck. I'm changing the fold down center seat console to a full console out of a 2005 avalanche. I am trying to figure out what i need to be able to use the audio controls mounted in the rear of the console. Is it just a wiring harness? Where does the wiring connect to? Does it run all the way up to the cd player or is there already a pigtail connector that i could just plug in to? Please tell me anything you know. thanks for your time

0 answers to this question

Go to the dealer and get a wiring diagrahm from each your truck 03 with console and 05 avalanche console...compare / adjust / execute.

the parts department will be glad to whack off a copy or two if they aren't busy.....

The original poster hasn't posted since 2005. I don't think he'll get your suggestion.

It might be more compex than you think of just making a pigtail connection. Different components may be involved from the vehicle the center console was taken from. Seems like it should work but might be more trouble than you want to spend. Gool luck

Archived