guys, is this a good deal?

SnakeEyeSS

it would delay "my own houseness" for 6-10 months....and 633 were built. they already hold a nice 10K premium over the reg Z28's. would make a great replacement for my bimmer, there are only like 633 "in one piece" 87 325is's left in the world, lol

I wouldn't get it.  A house will make you money, that won't make money for a long time.

+1

If I were to pay for something like that and it was on a limited production platform as this car is, I'd find a lower mileage unit and still wouldn't use it as an everyday driver. That kind of defeats the purpose in having a limited production model of anything IMO.

Go for a house, it has an ugly paint job anyways.

What happened to the nice Special Edition paint jobs, like the 25th Anniversary Corvette Indy pace car? Black and silver with red pin stripes.

78CorvettePaceCar.jpg

Guess I am partial to the car though, my Mom has one, is the original owner, with only 34k miles on it. My Mom's doesn't have the big lettering on the door panels. I think it will be the only thing my brother and I fight over someday. The 50th Anniversary Edition was a HUGE disappointment to me.

As long as you like living with your parent's why move. All the toys stop or slow way down when you start paying all the bills. Oh the toys I could have if I moved in with my mother. :thumbs: But at 36 the though of living off of someone else doesn't sit well with me.

Shoot, do you know how much crap I'd have if I had a 2nd income in my house?

I'd be in a Ferarri forum, not a truck forum :thumbs:

Snake, I don't care what the label is...It's a '93 rattletrap with over 100k on the clock.

.02 :seeya:

The mileage is a huge factor.  Noone will pay top dollar for a daily driver when you decide thirty years from now to cash in.  When you get your house set up, and everything is smooth, then I'd go looking for an investment/weekend car.

you mean a 2nd one? :thumbs:

I was just cruisng in the camaro with my friend, he was blown away at the number of people almost physically hurting themselves trying to get a look.....in fact, I almost caused a wreck when a guy didn't hit his brakes in time....luckly the other car hurried along

The mileage is a huge factor.  Noone will pay top dollar for a daily driver when you decide thirty years from now to cash in.  When you get your house set up, and everything is smooth, then I'd go looking for an investment/weekend car.

you mean a 2nd one? :thumbs:

I was just cruisng in the camaro with my friend, he was blown away at the number of people almost physically hurting themselves trying to get a look.....in fact, I almost caused a wreck when a guy didn't hit his brakes in time....luckly the other car hurried along

Yeah a 2nd one. I would never sell that one you have now for anything but a numbers matching 67.

Is the difference betwixt this pace car and a non-pace car only found in grahics and possibly a few glue-on ornaments?

Is there an indicator it is a pace car in the vehicle's VIN?

It may be too easy to clone one of these, reducing the possibility of collectivity.

Is there any difference in engine output or is the difference(s) in graphics only?

Any suspension difference?

So many questions whose answers affect the possibility that this car is a possible investment or a depreciating asset whose only economic value is the transportation provided.

I am foregoing the subjective emotional "thrill" since it is up to the individual to determine if the vehicle's economic cost is worth the visceral pleasure obtained from ownership.

Carry on.

Is the difference betwixt this pace car and a non-pace car only found in grahics and possibly a few glue-on ornaments?

Is there an indicator it is a pace car in the vehicle's VIN?

It may be too easy to clone one of these, reducing the possibility of collectivity.

Is there any difference in engine output or is the difference(s) in graphics only?

Any suspension difference?

So many questions whose answers affect the possibility that this car is a possible investment or a depreciating asset whose only economic value is the transportation provided.

I am foregoing the subjective emotional "thrill" since it is up to the individual to determine if the vehicle's economic cost is worth the visceral pleasure obtained from ownership.

Carry on.

The interor matches the exterior, it has a different front bumper with circular inset to accept the indy badge. 663 were made, each was fully loaded with every option available that year.

no its NOT easy to clone price way, you'd have to replace all the seats, the front bumper, have the entire paint done, it'd cost waaaaay more than just buying one, probably 15K or more.

Archived