DIY tuning/monitoring

I've been reading about using programs like efilive and hptuner to look at some real time engine info, and also to do programming as well.

I'm not so much interested in programming my truck's puter just yet, but, I would like the option to do so in the future.

What cables are required to do this? Can you buy just the cable, or do you have to buy it packaged?

I can find efilive's webpage, but, can't find hp tuner's webpage, so, lost on that one. Anyone have it bookmarked?

Thanks!

I've been reading about using programs like efilive and hptuner to look at some real time engine info, and also to do programming as well.

I'm not so much interested in programming my truck's puter just yet, but, I would like the option to do so in the future.

What cables are required to do this?  Can you buy just the cable, or do you have to buy it packaged? 

I can find efilive's webpage, but, can't find hp tuner's webpage, so, lost on that one.  Anyone have it bookmarked?

Thanks!

cable comes with program, you need a laptop

hptuner link below

http://www.hptuners.com/

if your looking for data logging and reading codes and ability to clear codes here is a link for free download of the software (download it and play around with it. pretty cool.)

To actually log your vehicle you need to purchase a cable (less than $ 100.00) or build one (free prints and parts list also available)

Free OBDII software data logging

If you are going to get serious with programing, then the other links listed in other poet ie the way to go.

• 3 years later...

I know this is a really old post but with the issues I am having with my truck I thought this

may be a great way to narrow down my search for the fix so rather than start a new thread

I might as well bump this one as it already has some good info.

anyway who has experience with any of these listed here?

am currently looking at the free one for now but may upgrade yet.

not really looking at doing any tuning as I already have a tune from wait 4 me.

just want to see what is going on in the sensors.

just have to find a cable up here to go from the truck to my laptop.

Its not just a cable, youll need the software too. If your not inot the tuning, get the flashscan v1 with just the scanning. You can also datalog with it with out having to have you laptop conected. Plus its the cheapest route with EFILive.

Archived