'05 Yukon Denali Y91 Option

I am contemplating buying a new Denali, what with all this GM "Employee Discount" promo they've got going on and all. Anyway, I don't want to pay the $2400 bucks for the factory NAV option when I can install it myself. My question is, do all Denali's have the LUX amp installed from the factory by default?

I am contemplating buying a new Denali, what with all this GM "Employee Discount" promo they've got going on and all. Anyway, I don't want to pay the $2400 bucks for the factory NAV option when I can install it myself. My question is, do all Denali's have the LUX amp installed from the factory by default?

I think if you have bose, you have the lux amp. Do you have sound fields, spacious etc in your tone controls? If so, you have lux. You will save $1200 or more, for a few hours effort, good choice. You may even be plug and play with the denali, where a few PU owners have to do a little wiring.

All have Bose but they are not all the Lux amps, they have a "premium" witch is the non-lux and then the Lux. The Lux setup will have the option code "Y91" or "Y92" on the sticker in the glove box.

Good choice on doing it your self, you can save over half of the option price and you will still have the headunit it came with to put back in later.

The nav unit will be a direct and easy swap if you go that route.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived