sticking throttle

You didn't say what year truck you have but I'm assuming its a '99 or newer "New-Body-Style",If it is GM has come out with a bulletin to clean the throttle body and plug the hole in the middle of the thottle blade and then adjust the TPS to "open" the blade up a little to prevent it from sticking.

A lot of the guys on here just do the cleaning part which is fine,but it will start sticking again in about 5 to 8,000 miles and you have to clean it again.

Do yourself a favor and do it right the first time,then you don't have to worry about it or do it again.

By the way the bulletin number is 02-06-04-054B,It came out in March of '03.

You might also have to change your PCV valve when you do the procedure.

You didn't say what year truck you have but I'm assuming its a '99 or newer "New-Body-Style",If it is GM has come out with a bulletin to clean the throttle body and plug the hole in the middle of the thottle blade and then adjust the TPS to "open" the blade up a little to prevent it from sticking.

A lot of the guys on here just do the cleaning part which is fine,but it will start sticking again in about 5 to 8,000 miles and you have to clean it again.

Do yourself a favor and do it right the first time,then you don't have to worry about it or do it again.

By the way the bulletin number is 02-06-04-054B,It came out in March of '03.

You might also have to change your PCV valve when you do the procedure.

I'm unaware of this issue but might be experiencing it in my truck. I noticed that there is a "break-over" force that I need to apply when I first hit the accelerator (for lack of a better explanation). There is an initial tough spot. Is that the throttle blade sticking in the throttle body? I guess I thought it was in the pedal linkage somewhere, but maybe not. Does anyone have a copy of the TSB that I can read or maybe just a quick step-by-step summary.

Thanks.

-Steve

Hey guys,

Had this happen to me about a 2 weeks ago.

I used some valvoline synthetic throttle body cleaner.

All I had to do was pull off the air intake tube (didn't have to take off the throttle body) sprayed some in and around the butterfly valve (worked the valve back and forth) and no more sticky throttle :chevy:

p.s. I also thought it was my cable sticking.

t

Archived