How do I determine payoff amount?

blue2kzr2

As the title says, I'm trying to figure out how much I owe in principle on the truck. This truck has turned into more of a repair hog than I expected, thinking of getting out of this truck into an '05 Z71 fresh off the lot or even the assembly line (if I can get a firm price on paper). I know the initial amount, the interest rate and how many payments I have left and have paid. What's the formula.

I think I can get 11,000 for this truck if I sell it privately, that should be plenty to get a loan in my range. Worst-case, I do the smart-buy deal and finance the remainder in 3 years when I'm likely in a better position to do so. Selling it privately may also allow me to get some of the "needs" right away like a Line-X and a tonneau.

Thanks. I WAS gonna do that but I have the loan set up in Quicken, turns out the amount listed as remaining is the principle remaining, so I know exactly what I owe.

If I can sell it for 12, which is possible considering it has the Line-X, tonneau, mudflaps and the OHC, I think I can afford the Silvy Z71.

Archived