chevy avalanche

just wondering if the new avalanche is out yet if not when will it be out. also any idea's what the prices will be. there was a article about it in the local newpaper today saying anywere from to man that pretty **** high prices. its one of the coolest trucks out there cant wait to see one.

I have seen 2!!!  In Houston, TX on the north side of town.  One of em is a black with grey trim, and a Z66 sticker on the side.  It is cool looking, and looks smaller than my truck!!!  

I think it would look better with more aggressive tires, and maybe a lift!

Quote: from bowtiefan on 11:26 am on May 30, 2001

kaspar139 were that at dealers or was it somebody driving them on the road. they do look sweet in the pictures cant wiat to see one.:cool:

One was on display outside at the dealer, and the other was pumping gas (and probably lots of it)!

Bowtiefan, I'm pretty sure the Avalanche pricing is up on Chevy's site -- except for the 2500 and North Face Edition.

kaspar139, if you're driving an ex-cab shortbox, yes, the Avalanche is shorter -- it has the same wheelbase as the 'Burban.

Thanks Chugger.  I was wondering why it looked small, but it still is a sweet lookin ride!  I also saw a TrailBlazer for the first time yesterday.  It looked a little weird.  Kinda like a Toyota Landcruiser!  (I didn't like it).

I stopped and looked at a charcoal Z71 Avalanche today.  It was nice and it stickered at ?,5xx.   It actually had the EPA ratings on the sticker!!!  13 city and 17 highway with the 5.3L (and I don't know what rear gears).   It reminded me alot of a Chevy version of a small "Hummer", but with alot of nice options.  It also had a set of aggressive Goodyear radials on it... (no Firestones).

Archived