CAN you USE a hypertech programmer 3 with NOS???

I have a hypertech programmer that I am So, SO with but if i purchase a NOS kit for my truck WIll they work together and not destroy or damage my engine????

I've heard engines usually need to retard your timing to work correctly with NOS

but i believe a programmer advances to give you extra Power, is this true????

I'm looking to put a 75- 100 shot so i don't have to get into a bigger fuel pump and all that comes with the big shots....... can it be done????

All insite welcome.....thanks ALL

Number uno, I am not being an ass here, but please learn how to type correctly, spell words, and make coherent statements.

The Hypertech programmer does advance timing somewhat but not enough to hurt you stock. I would not run nitrous and use the Hypertech. If you are going to use a wet kit, your computer will determine what it needs to do when the extra HP is squirted. The stock computer will adjust somewhat.

With a 100 horsepower shot of nitrous, you shouldn't need a bigger fuel pump. I would suspect if you were looking at a 150+ shot, then go for the bigger pump.

Oh yeah, the last thing I want to say/point out. It's nitrous not NOS. NOS is a brand, not a substance. .It stands for "Nitrous Oxide Systems".

Number uno, I am not being an ass here, but please learn how to type correctly, spell words, and make coherent statements.

The Hypertech programmer does advance timing somewhat but not enough to hurt you stock. I would not run nitrous and use the Hypertech. If you are going to use a wet kit, your computer will determine what it needs to do when the extra HP is squirted. The stock computer will adjust somewhat.

With a 100 horsepower shot of nitrous, you shouldn't need a bigger fuel pump. I would suspect if you were looking at a 150+ shot, then go for the bigger pump.

Oh yeah, the last thing I want to say/point out. It's nitrous not NOS. NOS is a brand, not a substance. .It stands for "Nitrous Oxide Systems".

hey chad thanks ALOt you like that let me guess thats not a word, Thanks for your insite but i gaurantee that no one here cares about your speeling comments,

or the correct meaning of No2. Someone of your higher intelligence understood so everyone elso will have no problem what so ever.

I would not use nitrous with the hypertech, too many people have experienced enough problems with the HPPIII and pinging stock. You might even want to consider going to a cooler range spark plug if you intend to use nitrous. Best bet would be to sell the HPPIII on ebay, and give one of the reputable PCM tuners a call and explain your intentions. Then you can have a custom tune tailored to your needs. I've enjoyed great results with my PCMforLess tune, (there's a direct link to their website to the left<<<), and Nelson Performance, Wester's Garage, and Wait4Me Performance are all well known with good reps.

hey chad thanks ALOt you like that let me guess thats not a word, Thanks for your insite but i gaurantee that no one here cares about your speeling comments,

or the correct meaning of No2. Someone of your higher intelligence understood so everyone elso will have no problem what so ever.

Once again you have done it. Just look at your post. It makes no sense and has more run on sentences than Roseanne has fat rolls. Alot of other people are nicer than I am. I can't stand for someone to post and it look like a third grader wrote it. You clearly are 16 or have a mental problem. Either one would not surprise me a bit.

As to add to your stupid nitrous post, I would suggest the following.

-Better transmission cooler

-One step colder plug(NGK TR6 gapped at .035 is the choice)

-RPM activated switches/pills(If you have an automatic transmission)

Below are some links for you. I hope that helps. Their is also a link that I think you will find really beneficial.

NGK Plugs

MSD RPM Switch

Hooked on Phonics

Your f**king welcome,

Chad

Yo Chad,

Set the Starbucks with the extra espresso shots down. :fume:

Hey the kid's stupid friend with the sideburns picked up a Hot Rod mag and told him he should put "nos" (nitrous to everyone in the know) on his truck because it's cool. He probably spent all his money from his paper route on the HPP3. Now if he saves up for nitrous, he can't use his programmer. What a dilemma! :thumbs:

As far as his ability to form a sentance, well... in the special ed classes they show you that there is a left and right shoe, the zipper on the pants goes in front, and make sure you match the buttons and holes on your shirt or it'll hang crooked. I don't think sentance structure is high on the list of priorities. :seeya:

Once again you have done it. Just look at your post. It makes no sense and has more run on sentences than Roseanne has fat rolls. Alot of other people are nicer than I am. I can't stand for someone to post and it look like a third grader wrote it. You clearly are 16 or have a mental problem. Either one would not surprise me a bit.

As to add to your stupid nitrous post, I would suggest the following.

-Better transmission cooler

-One step colder plug(NGK TR6 gapped at .035 is the choice)

-RPM activated switches/pills(If you have an automatic transmission)

Below are some links for you. I hope that helps. Their is also a link that I think you will find really beneficial.

NGK Plugs

MSD RPM Switch

Hooked on Phonics

Your f**king welcome,

Chad

LOL. Internet

Yo Chad,

Set the Starbucks with the extra espresso shots down. :crackup:

Hey the kid's stupid friend with the sideburns picked up a Hot Rod mag and told him he should put  "nos" (nitrous to everyone in the know) on his truck because it's cool.  He probably spent all his money from his paper route on the HPP3.  Now if he saves up for nitrous, he can't use his programmer.  What a dilemma! :thumbs:

As far as his ability to form a sentance, well... in the special ed classes they show you that there is a left and right shoe, the zipper on the pants goes in front, and make sure you match the buttons and holes on your shirt or it'll hang crooked.  I don't think sentance structure is high on the list of priorities. :fume:

:crackup: Your right!! :crackup: That is some funny s**t. :seeya:

Yo Chad,

Set the Starbucks with the extra espresso shots down. :crackup:

Hey the kid's stupid friend with the sideburns picked up a Hot Rod mag and told him he should put  "nos" (nitrous to everyone in the know) on his truck because it's cool.  He probably spent all his money from his paper route on the HPP3.  Now if he saves up for nitrous, he can't use his programmer.  What a dilemma! :thumbs:

As far as his ability to form a sentance, well... in the special ed classes they show you that there is a left and right shoe, the zipper on the pants goes in front, and make sure you match the buttons and holes on your shirt or it'll hang crooked.  I don't think sentance structure is high on the list of priorities. :fume:

:crackup: Your right!! :crackup: That is some funny s**t. :seeya:

Good god now wonder there is the same old 3 people writing back and forth all day long to each other, you guys are giant fags, with your homocital jokes back and forth, telling people how to spell, man if i knew you guys were this high up in the cool factor i would have come on here long ago. The sweet part is all of the little boyz that are writing queer coments have 1901 broken down trucks that can go as far as the mall, so they can take there wives to get fat be gone products at the vitamin store, and second of all if my spelling is so bad, its pretty wierd you understand everything and keep coming back for more. Oh wait im not done with my run-on sentence............so weak, so sad. So keep up the good work at miky d's ,and keep "trick" out that little single cab itty bitty truck. :crackup:

Archived