'94 K1500

haze_pa

I lost my water temp indication awhile back. I tried changing the temp bulb twice. No joy. Any ideas on what the problem could be? Do I need to replace the instrument cluster or is there a computer problem that could be reset. I used a code reader but all that came up was a fuel problem caused by the lack of water temp indication.

I don't really want to spend $200 on a new cluster if it's not the problem. I can maybe get a cluster from "Pull-a-part" but again I don't want to go through the hassle if there's a quicker fix.

Thanks, Rich

I lost my water temp indication awhile back. I tried changing the temp bulb twice. No joy. Any ideas on what the problem could be? Do I need to replace the instrument cluster or is there a computer problem that could be reset. I used a code reader but all that came up was a fuel problem caused by the lack of water temp indication.

I don't really want to spend $200 on a new cluster if it's not the problem. I can maybe get a cluster from "Pull-a-part" but again I don't want to go through the hassle if there's a quicker fix.

Thanks, Rich

Hi Rich,

Is it a Gas or Diesel banger V-6/V-8?

You probably have already, but did you check the fuse for the instrument panel?

You may want to check also if the wire from the temp sensor is shorted to Ground or +12V. Could have been shorted against an exhaust manifold/header.

I am fairly certain that there should be a small voltage (milli-volt range) present (with respect to ground) on the temp sensor wire at any time. It may not appear to change much with temperature depending on the type of sensor used. If all else fails, the temp sensor should be relatively easy to replace with a large wrench if not too expensive.

Is your temperature indicator a standard unit or an aftermarket job?

Is it digital or analog type?

Was the bulb you replaced a backlight or where / what does it do?

:gmc:

:loser:

Maxx

Archived