Best place to install some guages?

Hello all,

I have a 1995 GMC K2500 with the 6.5L diesel.

The Instrument cluster is no longer registering the engine temprature so I decided to install an aftermarket guage. Now I have to tap and install a bulb somewhere but I don't know where the best place would be. "Also, the Easiest place would be nice too"

I know the engine temp is being read properly by the engine because if I unplug the stock temprature sensor from the wire the engine races.

Also the Oil presure guage does not register anything for about 30 - 45 seconds after starting the truck, but it then jumps up to where it should be. It's starting to worry me, any ideas on that? Should I get an aftermarket Oil Pressure guage? and where would I put that?

Thanks,

Mike

Why not have the factory gauges repaired?

Because of the cost. They want to replace the insturment cluster at about $250.

I knew it would be the instrument cluster because I took it out myself to replace some dead light bulbs and I forgot to disconnect the Battery cables. Never worked right since then.

Mike

Why not have the factory gauges repaired?

Because of the cost. They want to replace the insturment cluster at about $250.

I knew it would be the instrument cluster because I took it out myself to replace some dead light bulbs and I forgot to disconnect the Battery cables. Never worked right since then.

Mike

Ahhhhhh. Well I have been known to skip essential steps myself

Archived