Has anyone mounted tweeters in the front pillars of a NBS truck? My truck is a 2001 Siverado and I was thinking of flush mounting some imaging tweeters in the pillars. Any idea of the max mounting depth? Right now the tweeters are surface mounted on the front dash near the corners. They sound fine there but I think they would look nicer flush mounted. Did I use the word mounted enough? :crazy: Thanks

I have not added tweeters to the front A pillars but my 2005 Chevy LT crewcab came with tweeters already mounted on the A pillars as part of the Bose sound system. So I know they can be done. Good Luck.

• 4 weeks later...
I have not added tweeters to the front A pillars but my 2005 Chevy LT crewcab came with tweeters already mounted on the A pillars as part of the Bose sound system. So I know they can be done. Good Luck.

I did it in my o2. It was easy, but the pillars aren't deep enough for a flush mount to be very effective. I mounted mine on the outside of the pillars using the stock mounts that Boston Acustic send with the speakers. That way I had more flexibility with the mounting location.

Archived