Flowmaster 50 Series loud enough?

Hey guys,

well i think i have decided to go with the flowmaster....NOW for the big debate... 40 series or 50 series...I do not want to be able to hear the exhaust at an annoying tone inside my truck....However, i want it to be loud enough outside to turn heads when i am going down the street. I know with a 40 series i will be plently loud...but what if i go with the 50 series SUV muffler...any body want to comment on "loudness" compared to stock or other...

Help is appreciated.

Get a Magnaflow, dead quiet inside but DEFINITLEY Turns heads outside, although i do have a really small muffler mine is a 4x9" oval with a body length of only 14" so it sounds really good

I know with a 40 series i will be plently loud...but what if i go with the 50 series SUV muffler...any body want to comment on "loudness"  compared to stock or other...

Flowmaster 50 should be plenty loud, striking a good balance between the 40 (insane) and the 70 (a bit louder than Magnaflow). The thing to keep in mind is that, all else equal, the shorter the muffler, the louder it will be (again, all else equal!). ZZebes' 14" Magnaflow oval is probably louder than the 22" that my Magnaflow cat-back has on it.

I know with a 40 series i will be plently loud...but what if i go with the 50 series SUV muffler...any body want to comment on "loudness"  compared to stock or other...

Flowmaster 50 should be plenty loud, striking a good balance between the 40 (insane) and the 70 (a bit louder than Magnaflow). The thing to keep in mind is that, all else equal, the shorter the muffler, the louder it will be (again, all else equal!). ZZebes' 14" Magnaflow oval is probably louder than the 22" that my Magnaflow cat-back has on it.

That is very helpfull...do you really think that the 70 series flowmaster is about the same loudness level as the magnaflow? If so that 50 series willl be EXACTLY what i a looking for

The FM 70 is not significantly different (IMO) from the Magnaflow cat-back with 22" muffler, so yes, I would think that the FM 50 would be your sweet spot. I would also think that any busy FM dealer would have one being installed just about any given weekend.

The FM 70 is not significantly different (IMO) from the Magnaflow cat-back with 22" muffler, so yes, I would think that the FM 50 would be your sweet spot. I would also think that any busy FM dealer would have one being installed just about any given weekend.

That is great to hear...i will have to stop by a muffler shop and wait for a flowmaster install to come along and wait to here what it sounds like in the end...or i might just go for it..

How much should i look to pay for install?

Guest chevydeerhunter

Are you planning on running it straight out the back, dumping it in front of the rearend or something else? These options need to be considered as well.

I have the 50 series Big Block with 3"x18" chrome tips straight out the back and it's got a rumble, but it's not that loud. I don't even notice it at highway speeds. The only time I notice it is when the tranny downshifts. If I were to have it dumped in front of the rear end, it would be considerably louder.

Archived