interior lights time delay problem

bobstocker

Question

1998 GMC Sierra K1500 truck

Interior lights have problem with shutoff delay. Sometimes interior dome light will turn off after door closes , other times light stays on indefinetely. I must use dome overide switch to get light to turn off. Both door switches appear okay.

Is there some delay switch timer module or something that is faulty that can be replaced? I hate finding the light on and battery run down because light has not turned off. Pressing dome overide switch gets rid of the lights staying on problem but also never have interior lights come on when you open door. Pressing this switch also keeps the exterior cargo lamp disabled. When you press keyring door lock button, the dome light comes on briefly and shuts off after entering vehicle and starting engine- so this part works correctly. but would be nice to not have to keep overide button in all the time and have inside lights come on and turn off as supposed to. Has anyone else had this problem and/or have suggestions for what to look for and fix this - thanks

0 answers to this question

I dont have the luxury of the power locks or keyless entry on my 98, but I have had the same problem. The problem i ran across was just the door switch was faulty. Replaced it and it is fine now...it does beat hitting that dome override. :chevy:

I dont have the luxury of the power locks or keyless entry on my 98, but I have had the same problem. The problem i ran across was just the door switch was faulty. Replaced it and it is fine now...it does beat hitting that dome override. :chevy:

Thanks for the suggestion , I would assume the logical choice to change wold be the driver side. Did you find compatible switch at car parts or was it necessary to use GMC dealer?

Archived