Interesting info about MPG

I have slowed down on a few short distance trips (50-60 miles) and it does help, BUT what is my time worth? On certain days (I wish I had more of these), I have time to burn, but on most days, I need to get where I am going, thus I will drive 65-70 instead of 55.

Maybe it is just me, but getting to my chair a little quicker in the evening is worth a couple bucks a day.

Just my thoughts.

I have slowed down on a few short distance trips (50-60 miles) and it does help, BUT what is my time worth? On certain days (I wish I had more of these), I have time to burn, but on most days, I need to get where I am going, thus I will drive 65-70 instead of 55.

Maybe it is just me, but getting to my chair a little quicker in the evening is worth a couple bucks a day.

Just my thoughts.

I agree with elwood. Driving 55 is not a real possibility but imho 65-70 is not bad at all. I used to drive 82 in 75mph freeways and this is the right compromise for me

Ken

Just my thoughts.

Speeding does not save THAT much time. Traffic, red lights, etc. all affect your time which is not in your control. If we were both going from A to B, you driving 65-75 and me at 55, there is still a good chance we'll end up at B at the same time. Yes, under favorable, predictible, and consistant conditions, "speeding" will get you there faster.

Don't get me wrong. I love speeding. I love reving high. But I don't use or agree with the "I want to get there faster" excuse.

Don't get me wrong. I love speeding. I love reving high. But I don't use or agree with the "I want to get there faster" excuse.

Well, you must live in the city because on my tar and chipped country roads, there is no traffic, stop lights and an occasional intersection that you may want to yield at.

Granted, if you are in town, I see your point, but it is not an excuse for me, but a fact. I drive where I am comfortable as well as a safe speed for the conditions.

I have also been known to leave the farm with a cold beer between my legs at 45 mph on the way home from a hard days work. Throw me in jail I guess?? :confused:

Archived