new sierra 1500 lights switch

farmride

Question

my new sierra has 4 settings. lights, day lamps, auto and off. when i move the switch to off it doesn't click into place like the others and it then feels spring loaded and goes back to the auto position. i was looking in my manual to see about the lights switch but didn't read anything that mentioned this situation.

also, can someone give me a visual area where there is a grommit that I can run a few wires to the battery to hook up my scanner? I don't want to mess up the codes so i'll be sure to use the open end connectors. thanks very much

0 answers to this question

Pfft...You aren't smart enough to have full control of your own headlamps!

Nobody is.

:driving:

Seriously though, this is a HUGE peeve of many people on this board. The OFF position is only good for one "off" event at a time. It's really annoying...You can't just turn them off, and have them stay off. Nothing you set sticks around after you turn the truck off either. :D

At least your truck isn't like the 99-02 trucks...In order to have manual control, you had to press the "dome override" button 4 times in a row within 5 seconds FOR THE HEADLIGHT SWITCH TO EVEN WORK!

Retarded.

At least your truck isn't like the 99-02 trucks...In order to have manual control, you had to press the "dome override" button 4 times in a row within 5 seconds FOR THE HEADLIGHT SWITCH TO EVEN WORK!

Retarded.

Ain't that the truth...but at least you can turn those off...the older ones with the auto on feature couldnt even be turned off without setting the P-brake before starting up.

Archived