New exhaust

Dyabolical

Well, after talking to many mechanics and smart people in general, it was decided that i need new catalytic converters. But, since the previous owner welded the current pipes on to the headers, i decided to go ahead and get a complete exhaust sytem.

So, my dad has been lifelong friends with the owner to Sapulpa Auto Parts and he has agreed to get me headers, CATs, pipes, and mufflers for a price just over $500, that is installed. All of course aftermarket parts.

So $500...how does that sound for a complete system?

• 3 weeks later...
Well, after talking to many mechanics and smart people in general, it was decided that i need new catalytic converters.  But, since the previous owner welded the current pipes on to the headers, i decided to go ahead and get a complete exhaust sytem. 

So, my dad has been lifelong friends with the owner to Sapulpa Auto Parts and he has agreed to get me headers, CATs, pipes, and mufflers for a price just over $500, that is installed.  All of course aftermarket parts. 

So $500...how does that sound for a complete system?

Sounds about right. I think it cost me about $300 with just cat and muffler. My exhaust is dumped at the bed so there wasn't a lot of cost in extra pipes.

• 1 month later...

Great deal!!! Your old man hooked you up! I hit a boulder recently which basicly polevolted my truck dented one of the cats and caused an exhaust leak at the flange! I paid $500 for my deductable and the total cost to bolt on the 2 new cats from the dealer was $800. Its was a Y set up.....you came up in my book! :thumbs:

• 5 months later...

Archived