Do you need to reset the PCM, when making changes

bry21317

I have seen this mentioned before, but am not sure if I would need to do it or not.

I have added a K&N FIPK 77 CAI, love the sound of it.

I cleaned the Mass Air Flow Sensor off.

I decarbed the Engine with Sea Foam Deep Creep.- Great product, been using it in my boat for about 8 years and cars just the same.

Now I was wondering if I needed to reset the computer?

My Truck is a 2003 Suburban LT 4x4.

I am not sure how to do this either, I have seen a few people post to remove the + Battery Terminal for 30 minutes to do this.

Any Information would be greatly apreciated.

Thanks,

Bryan

i would only do it if you changed 2 or more things at the same time things at the same time. say CAI, catback. or you feel you need to reset the timing tables.

but you should disconnect the - cable anytime you work on the truck underhood anyway to disarm the airbag.

I am running a tank of 89 Ocatane gas, and I noticed that I have alot of pinging now. What would cause this? It wasn't pinging before, but it is pretty bad now under Load when I was pulling my boat this weekend.

Any Ideas?

Bryan

I put the Stock Airbox on with the Stock Drop in K+N Filter and no more pinging at all on the same hill. So I think I am going to leave the stock air box on.

What would cause this with the K+N CAI? Was I running to lean or something?

I actually am going to send the CAI back, as I feel it has more torque and low end power, with just the Stock Drop in K+N Filter.

Archived