Brake Bleeding Sequence

It's time to do a brake fluid flush on my 99 Silverado Z71. Can anyone tell me the specific caliper bleed sequence that's printed in the FSM?

I have a Motive pressure bleeder that I will be using. Will 15 psi be enough to force fluid thru the ABS side so the fluid in there can be bled/replaced without having to use a Tech II to run the ABS module??

It's time to do a brake fluid flush on my 99 Silverado Z71. Can anyone tell me the specific caliper bleed sequence that's printed in the FSM?

I have a Motive pressure bleeder that I will be using. Will 15 psi be enough to force fluid thru the ABS side so the fluid in there can be bled/replaced without having to use a Tech II to run the ABS module??

I don't have the manual in front of me, but I've never seen it recommended any other way than the following: Passenger Rear, Driver Rear, Passenger Front, Driver Front. You start with the one furthest away from the master cylinder and move to the next furthest, etc.

You should be fine with 15 PSI. I usually pump mine up to between 12-15 PSI. Just don't run the master cylinder dry and you shouldn't have to worry about getting a Tech II tool.

Same suggestion as the rest of the posts. The motive power bleeder makes it a breeze!

You won't get any into the abs circuit. I have bled the brakes then gone on a gravel road to engage the abs unit, then back to a second round of bleeding. But then again, I'm pretty anal about maintenance.

Archived