How-To: Install Electric Trailer Brake Controller GMT900.

SinisterSS

nice write-up! worked perfectly!!!

X2

Much better than a Youtube video that tried to explain it. Their underdash wiring was a bit "blurred" so to speak. The colour coding chart is great.

BTW, the Brake Controller Harness shown on page 3 is identical to the harness that came w/ the P3 I bought last year. I just saved it because I was using the P3 w/ the Tekonsha GM "plug & play" harness for my '04 GMT800.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Putting in my Prodigy P3 tonight. These instructions look to pretty much cover everything. I just have one question. I see where it says to install a 40 amp fuse for the power feed, do I also need to purchase and install a 30 amp fuse to power the other stud? If so, where does it go? Thanks for the help

Putting in my Prodigy P3 tonight. These instructions look to pretty much cover everything. I just have one question. I see where it says to install a 40 amp fuse for the power feed, do I also need to purchase and install a 30 amp fuse to power the other stud? If so, where does it go? Thanks for the help

You only need the 40 amp fuse.

You only need the 40 amp fuse.

Thx, that is what I got.

• 3 months later...

I installed my P3 today in my '11 2500HD. I don't know why, but the red/black circuit 742 wire & 40 amp fuse were already installed from the factory.

Everything else was the same as per the instructions posted above

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Thanks for providing the write-up. I just installed my Tekonsha P3. I had already found the 6mm & 8mm nuts and I purchased a 40 amp fuse before I got started, but the entire install using your guide took 20 minutes. Very well written and much appreciated by many. Thanks!

• 5 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Tekonsha Prodigy electric brake controller installation on a 2007 2008 and up Sierra Silverado Denali

:cheers:

Step-by-Step Install Instructions

Here ya go. I happened to save them.

GMT900 Prodigy Install Info

Its a PDF, so you will need acrobat reader. It is big, so it takes a few seconds to load.

C

Thanks to SinisterSS for the write-up and compulynx for the re-up.

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Archived