2003 Chev 2500hd Electrical Problem

trevor

I have lost all my electrialy power on the R door of my 2500HD but all works on the left, I have checked all the fuses & breakers, where do I start next. I just ordered a full service manual from the dealer but it will take awhile to get it.

I have lost all my electrialy power on the R door of my 2500HD but all works on the left, I have checked all the fuses & breakers, where do I start next. I just ordered a full service manual from the dealer but it will take awhile to get it.

I'd check to see if there's power at the switches, if not it could be a corroded relay,or possibly a broken wire. I'd go down to Canadian tire and pick up a chevy "haynes repair manual", cost about $20.00, and it has all the schematics of the electrical system for your truck. If your testing for power or continuity around the dash, make sure the SRS (air bag) is turned off.

I'd remove door panel and see if you've got power going to any of the switches (window or door locks). If not, you'll have to work your way back to the fuse block.

If you do have power leading up to the switches, it may be the passenger door module.

DEFINITELY DON'T buy the Haynes for your truck.

I bought it from Canadian Tire and it was useless. Especially electrical!

good luck

I'd remove door panel and see if you've got power going to any of the switches (window or door locks). If not, you'll have to work your way back to the fuse block.

If you do have power leading up to the switches, it may be the passenger door module.

DEFINITELY DON'T buy the Haynes for your truck.

I bought it from Canadian Tire and it was useless. Especially electrical!

good luck

Thanks, I did get a manual from GM but that will be my next step to remove the door panel.

marine tech.

• 2 months later...

Archived