Help With Climate Control Issues

99xjsport06

Question

Got a couple of new problems that have developed with the Truck in the last month or so. I did a tune up on the truck about a month and a half to two months ago, and ever since the automatic climate control has automatically and randomly switched between heat and a/c on the passenger side only, sometimes while driving, sometimes sitting still. Switching it with the controls it was very slow to respond on that side, but eventually did...driving it while trying to change or revving it sitting still seemed to help, which made me think something was blocked somewhere, but I couldn't find anything. Then this week, the AC has stopped working all together. All fuses are good, the relay is good, according to my gage it's got freon in it, but for the life of me I can't get the compressor to kick on. I'm starting to wonder if the AC not working and the random changing of the climate control are related at all.

If anybody can help, it would be greatly appreciated! Between this and the constant oil burning and coolant consumption, i'm at my wits end with this thing.

The specs are 2004 Silverado 5.3L with 115K on it.

Thanks!

Tim

0 answers to this question

Just wanted to update to say it appears that the compressor not kicking on (due to being low on freon) was in fact related to the random changing of the climate control on the passenger side. I guess that was it's way of trying to tell me that it was low on freon. Still trying to figure out how these dual automatic climate control things work.

Archived